read-write permision in shared area in samba.

read-write permision in shared area in samba.

Post by Sam Wu » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:51:38

Hi,

I have samba 2.20 installed and have few shared directories created for
other window users. Now, when the first user want to create a file in
the share area, it can create it, but when the second user want to
create a different file or modify the file which is created by the first

user, it has no permission. How can I create a shared area where
different users can create and delete the files?

Thanks
sam

Inclused is my smb.conf file:

===========

===========#======================= Global Settings
=====================================
[global]
   workgroup = Thales
   server string = Samba Server

# If you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
;   load printers = yes

   ;hosts allow = 192.168.0/24
   log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
   max log size = 50
   hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.0.0.1
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
   password server = *
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   dns proxy = no

   os level = 0
   local master = no
   domain master = no
   domain logons = no
   preferred master = no

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   hide dot files = yes
# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   # path = /usr/spool/samba
   path = //DAISY
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes

# A publicly accessible directory, but read only, except for people in
# the "thales" group
[public]
   comment = Public Stuff
   path = /home
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no

   hide dot files = yes

[HKBranch]
   comment = Large share folder (for testing only ...)
   path = /usr/samba/share
   public = yes
   read only = no
   #create mask = 0765
   create mask = 0777
   hide dot files = yes

[OpenProject]
   comment = Huge share folder (for testing only ...)
   path = /sdb2/share
   public = yes
   read only = no
   create mask = 0777
   hide dot files = yes

[Data]
   comment = Small share folder (for testing only ...)
   path = /sdb1/share
   public = yes
   read only = no
   create mask = 0777
   hide dot files = yes

1. Best way to write plug-ins?

I am writing an application for a my company, and I am interested in
making it very easy to hook into internal program data (like a
PhotoShop Plug-In, if you know what one of those is).  What would be
the best way to do this?

I can only think of two ways to do it right offhand, but I would like
to avoid the second (call me a purist):

* Allocate shared memory to a child process, which is either an
  a.out or ELF binary.
* Write the data out to a temporary file, or pipe, which the child
  executable then reads.

Is there a better way?

        Thanks,
        Jeff

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls ... if thou art in the
bathtub, it tolls for thee.

2. Linux Not Multiprocessor-Capable

3. Wingz add-ins - how to write

4. Backspace

5. How to share read-only to one client and read-write to all others?

6. Setting "reply-to" in command line mail

7. Write permisions on Directories created through Samba

8. NT4.0 + Lilo

9. In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

11. Suse 7.0; Yast2, kinternet, rc.dialout und ich komme nicht ins Internet

12. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

13. what is a INS server?