majordomo@freebsd.org don't read me.

Post by Zhong Ji Don » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

    subscribe freebsd-announce
, and she replay with below:
    **** Command 'c3vic2nyawjligzyzwvic2qtyw5ub3vuy2uncg=='     not
recognized.

    **** No valid commands found.
    **** Commands must be in message BODY, not in HEADER.

Why?
(I mailed with Microsoft-Outlook Express-chinese version,and set the format
to plain txt)

Thanks.
Zhong.

Post by Chas deTamp » Fri, 31 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>     subscribe freebsd-announce
> , and she replay with below:
>     >>>> c3Vic2NyaWJlIGZyZWVic2QtYW5ub3VuY2UNCg==
>     **** Command 'c3vic2nyawjligzyzwvic2qtyw5ub3vuy2uncg=='     not
> recognized.

>     **** No valid commands found.
>     **** Commands must be in message BODY, not in HEADER.

> Why?
> (I mailed with Microsoft-Outlook Express-chinese version,and set the format
> to plain txt)

> Thanks.
> Zhong.

Just a guess. I am not familiar with Chinese Windows and Chinese
language Outlook, I use Chinese tools inside NT4.0 & X Windows on UNIX.
I would think that there are some header information inside the Outlook
message body where majordomo expects plain text that is still in GB
coding even though your setting is for "text" mode. Try using another
mailer or send me mail and I will look to see if there is something
inside the body of the message causing this.

Question: did you use Chinese Outlook to send this message to the news
group? The message format looked OK to me without any BG code groups
when I looked at the source. If you did use Outlook, then there is most
likely a problem with something else. Try majordomo again.

Chas
--
UNIX is never having to say:
"Reboot the system and see if you still have the problem."