FreeBSD 4.4 and nsswitch

Post by sb » Tue, 16 Oct 2001 22:33:10

Hi.

does FreeBSD support 'nsswitch'. I would really like to try Samba 2.2.2
with winbindd but it needs PAM and nsswitch.
More to the point, how would I find this out for myself other than
waiting for my CD's to be delivered?

Steve.

FreeBSD 4.4 and nsswitch

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 04:16:17

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:33:10 +0100

> Hi.

> does FreeBSD support 'nsswitch'. I would really like to try Samba 2.2.2
> with winbindd but it needs PAM and nsswitch.

        Still in -current only at the moment (unless it's been MFC'd
really recently).

--
    Directable Mirrors - A Better Way To Focus The Sun

                        http://www.best.com/~sohara

FreeBSD 4.4 and nsswitch

Post by Eric Masso » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 06:53:38

 Steve>      Still in -current only at the moment (unless it's been
 Steve> MFC'd really recently).

No way :(

Eric Masson

--
 je me suis mal fait comprendre. Quand je dis 95/60/95, c'est en fait
 tour bras gauche/tour de cou/tour bras droit... C'est comme ?a qu'on

FreeBSD 4.4 and nsswitch

Post by sb » Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:21:26

>  Steve>         Still in -current only at the moment (unless it's been
>  Steve> MFC'd really recently).

> No way :(

> Eric Masson

> --
>  je me suis mal fait comprendre. Quand je dis 95/60/95, c'est en fait
>  tour bras gauche/tour de cou/tour bras droit... C'est comme ?a qu'on
>  fait, en Sude...Eh, o vous allez, les gars ??? REVENEZ ! JE RIGOLE !!!
>  -+ ID in Guide du Macounet Pervers : Mauvaises mensurations, changer +-

thanks for the quick answer. I really need to setup this server so I'll
leave this until v5 is released. Perhaps, I'll use WebDAV !

Steve.

FreeBSD 4.4 and nsswitch

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 03:09:00

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:21:26 +0100

> thanks for the quick answer. I really need to setup this server so I'll
> leave this until v5 is released. Perhaps, I'll use WebDAV !

        Don't hold your breath for 5.0, it had a 12 month delay announced
a while ago. With a bit of luck most userland features will get MFC'd
before then.

--
    Directable Mirrors - A Better Way To Focus The Sun

                        http://www.best.com/~sohara

1. FreeBSD 4.4 and Soudblaster Live! = No Sound

I'm having issues getting my Sound Blaster Live! to produce any sound
whatsoever in FreeBSD 4.4.  I've followed the directions indicated in the
freebsd.org handbook by recompiling the kernel with the 'device    pcm' line
that's supposed to be included in the kernel conf file.  After issuing a
'dmesg | grep pcm', I can see that the Soundblaster is successfully detected
on pcm0.  I've created the device nodes in /dev with the command 'sh MAKEDEV
snd0'.  Yet, when I start Gnome, I cannot get any sound from any mp3
applications or with Gnome's internal 'sound events'.  (And I do have the
mixer turned all the way up.)

Any ideas as what else to try?

2. Fatal error: (vTcl interp) Server cannot open Display ega

3. Kerberos support in NFS for FreeBSD 4.4?

4. Help! Need program to monitor network activity of all processes

5. installing a new HDD[NEWBIE]{FreeBSD 4.4}

6. Getting ready to use sfio: Any gotchas?

7. FreeBSD 4.4 as gateway...

8. D-Link DE-620 supported by LINUX?

9. FreeBSD 4.4, sshd logging

10. Is the card bus supported by FreeBSD 4.4

11. FreeBSD 4.4 stability shutdown problem

12. FreeBSD 4.4 and XFree 3.3.6

13. High-Speed Connection on FreeBSD 4.4