changing boot2 behavior

Post by James Scor » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:50:23

Hi,

By default the boot2 stage tries to
load kernel from 0:da(0,a),
I'm able to get it to load the boot loader
by entering:
2:da(2,a)/boot/loader at the prompt.

As I would like this to happen automatically,
I've put
2:da(2,a)/boot/loader
in /boot.config

However, this has absolutely made no difference,
as it still tries to find it on 0:da(0,a)...

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Yev

changing boot2 behavior

Post by James Scor » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 17:02:05

Somebody has to know! :)
I'm at whit ends here..

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 11:50:23 -0700, James Score

>Hi,

>By default the boot2 stage tries to
>load kernel from 0:da(0,a),
>I'm able to get it to load the boot loader
>by entering:
>2:da(2,a)/boot/loader at the prompt.

>As I would like this to happen automatically,
>I've put
>2:da(2,a)/boot/loader
>in /boot.config

>However, this has absolutely made no difference,
>as it still tries to find it on 0:da(0,a)...

>Does anyone have any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,
>Yev

1. changes in vi behaviour overnight, no change on my part

This morning, when I came in, vi suddenly stopped responding to the
up/down/left/right arrows and forced me to use "h","j","k","l". I am
mystified about how this happened, but would like to know a strategy for
ferretting out what is wrong and (possibly) how it happened. That is, I
need to 1) correct the problem, and 2) understand how it occurred. Can
someone give me some pointers on how to proceed? The platform is a Sun,
Solaris 2.5, and it has been quite stable for a long, long, time.
Thanks in advance.
And can you reply directly, since following this newsgroup on the IBM
mainframe is particularly difficult.
Thanks again.
Carl David

2. HELP! My Intel video card isn't working right

3. Booting fr. boot2, newbie question

4. Dell Latitude C800 setup

5. daemon function behavior change

6. Book on dbxtool?

7. "Autoraise" behavior changed form KDE 1.0 to KDE 1.1

8. Starting, configuring sendmail on RH 7.0 systems?

9. Change cursor behavior?

10. RFC/CFT 1/1: SIGWINCH - behaviour change

11. 2.4.6 mount behavior changed (graft_tree in fs/super.c)

12. Weird network card behaviour; changes duplex mode all the time!

13. Changing CTR-ALT-DEL behaviour