KDE compile from cvsup

Post by Phillip Morri » Fri, 03 May 2002 06:42:10

Hi,

I installed the KDE-sources with cvsup and i would like to compile
and install these sources on my system (FreeBSD 4.5 STABLE).

What is the best way to compile these and make FreeBSD believe that
KDE was installed through the ports-system, so that other KDE-packages
from the ports collection will install without a problem (dependencies ...)

                                Regards, Phillip

KDE compile from cvsup

Post by Devon Rya » Fri, 03 May 2002 08:53:49

> Hi,

> I installed the KDE-sources with cvsup and i would like to compile
> and install these sources on my system (FreeBSD 4.5 STABLE).

> What is the best way to compile these and make FreeBSD believe that
> KDE was installed through the ports-system, so that other KDE-packages
> from the ports collection will install without a problem (dependencies ...)

>                                 Regards, Phillip

The same way you install all other ports.  cd into the relevant
directory under /usr/ports and type "make install clean".  This will
take a while (I tend to install KDE from a package for this reason)

--

Biology/Neuroscience          | http://www.dpryan.com

Deptartment of Anesthesia     | http://airway2.uchicago.edu/houamedlab/

KDE compile from cvsup

Post by Phillip Morri » Sun, 05 May 2002 16:19:13

>> Hi,

>> I installed the KDE-sources with cvsup and i would like to compile
>> and install these sources on my system (FreeBSD 4.5 STABLE).

>> What is the best way to compile these and make FreeBSD believe that
>> KDE was installed through the ports-system, so that other KDE-packages
>> from the ports collection will install without a problem (dependencies
>> ...)

>>                                 Regards, Phillip

> The same way you install all other ports.  cd into the relevant
> directory under /usr/ports and type "make install clean".  This will
> take a while (I tend to install KDE from a package for this reason)

I fail to see how this is a solution to my problem. Let me rephrase my
question:

* i have installed the KDE-sources with cvsup (cvsup.kde.org).
* i have compiled and installed KDE from these sources
* when i try to install a program through the ports-system that is dependent
on KDE, it tries to download and install KDE !!!

                                                Regards, Phillip

KDE compile from cvsup

Post by Bill Vermilli » Wed, 08 May 2002 01:27:27

>>> I installed the KDE-sources with cvsup and i would like to compile
>>> and install these sources on my system (FreeBSD 4.5 STABLE).
>>> What is the best way to compile these and make FreeBSD
>>> believe that KDE was installed through the ports-system,
>>> so that other KDE-packages from the ports collection will
>>> install without a problem (dependencies ...)
>> The same way you install all other ports.  cd into the relevant
>> directory under /usr/ports and type "make install clean".  This will
>> take a while (I tend to install KDE from a package for this reason)
>I fail to see how this is a solution to my problem. Let me rephrase my
>question:
>* i have installed the KDE-sources with cvsup (cvsup.kde.org).
>* i have compiled and installed KDE from these sources * when
>i try to install a program through the ports-system that is
>dependent on KDE, it tries to download and install KDE !!!

I have not looked at the KDE in the ports, but often you will find
things in the ports tree that specifically patches things for
freebsd.

However - in the programs which want to go out and install the
KDE take a look at the file in their applicable ports directory
and see what the depandancies are, and look in particular for the
version of KDE that it needs/wants. The look at pkg_info and see
if that is the version you have installed.  That may be a clue.

I run the    make readmes   from the hierarchy and the readme.html
in each directory lists the dependancies.  So if you have not done
that you will need to look at the files manual.

I hope this helps.

--

KDE compile from cvsup

Post by Jonathan Fosburg » Tue, 07 May 2002 21:40:53

Quote:> I fail to see how this is a solution to my problem. Let me rephrase my
> question:

> * i have installed the KDE-sources with cvsup (cvsup.kde.org).
> * i have compiled and installed KDE from these sources
> * when i try to install a program through the ports-system that is
> dependent on KDE, it tries to download and install KDE !!!

>                                                 Regards, Phillip

My guess is that KDE is installed in /usr/local/kde, rather than
/usr/local.  That is the first thing to check.  I think /usr/local/kde is
the defaulty $PREFIX set for autoconf in KDE.  FreeBSD sets it to
/usr/local.

1. kde-cvsup and cvsup - help?!?!

Hey, anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?   I've tried both cvsup and
kde-cvsup, and neither of them appear to work right.....  a "sup" directory
is the only one with files in it.... do I need to grab a snapshot to get
started, or what?

any info will be appreciated, thanks!

kde.cvsup:

*default host=cvsup.kde.org
*default base=/home/kde
*default prefix=/home/kde
*default release=cvs
*default delete
*default compress
*default tag=HEAD
*default use-rel-suffix
kde-common
kdelibs
qt-copy
kdeadmin
kdebase
kdegames
kdegraphics
kdelibs
kdemultimedia
kdenetwork
kdesdk
kdesupport
kdetoys
kdeutils
kdevelop
kdoc
klyx
kmusic
koffice
kdepim

2. Aztech CDROM?

3. How I can compile cvsup'ed KDE?

4. Problem printing to Brother 4318 using Jetstream

5. printer problem

6. CVSUP QUESTION - where are the /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ files in 4.6-RELEASE?

7. Term: Question about 'tredir'

8. When to cvsup from cvsup.schumann.cx

9. KDE 2.x and CVSup and /usr/include/dom

10. CVSup and kde source

11. KDE cvsup

12. cvsup.kde.org problems