IDE Segate tape drive problem

Post by Russell Husai » Wed, 29 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi all,

I cannot get my IDE Segate Travan tape drive to work. How do
I install it and make it work. It is set to factory default
I/O and IRQ, i.e. 170 and 15, respectively.  When the
machine boots up, after detecting the Hard drive and the
floppy drive it probes wd1 and that's when the tape drive
starts reeling back and forth but soon after that the
message appears:

wd1:disabled, not probed.

When installing the system, in Kernel Configuration I turned
on IDE/ESDI/MFM foppy tape drive, its parameters were
already I/O 170 and IRQ 15.

What am I doing wrong and once the kernel recongnizes the
tape drive how do I mount it. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Happy BSDing

Russell.

IDE Segate tape drive problem

Post by Kenneth Furg » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

IDE tape drives are not yet supported.  However, there is some work on
this front.  You might want to peruse the mailing lists on
http://www.freebsd.org/, especially -current and -hackers.

- K.C.

Post by S?ren Schmid » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> IDE tape drives are not yet supported.  However, there is some work on
> this front.  You might want to peruse the mailing lists on
> http://www.freebsd.org/, especially -current and -hackers.

Not entirely correct, I've put a working driver in current some month
ago, its alpha quality though.

                                        S?ren