How to maintain CVS branch with tag???

Post by hoop » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:05:11

Hello,folks.

I've got a problem,a software,just call it SomeSoft,SomeSoft 1.0 has been
released,it's developed and maintained by CVS.

Now some bugs feedback from beta users,I need to fix them,meanwhile,I need
to do some enhancements,so I need to make 2 branches:

               Bug fixing---SomeSoft 1.5
SomeSoft 1.0
               Enhancement---SomeSoft 2.0

I want to make a tag for them and merge the 2 reversions in the end,but
after adding tag,I can not commit what I modified,
what's the problem?

Thanks.

How to maintain CVS branch with tag???

Post by Lee Doola » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:14:18

                               [. . .]
    hoop> Bug fixing---SomeSoft 1.5 SomeSoft 1.0
    hoop> Enhancement---SomeSoft 2.0

    hoop> I want to make a tag for them and merge the 2 reversions in
    hoop> the end,but after adding tag,I can not commit what I
    hoop> modified, what's the problem?

are you sure that you added a branch tag? ie
    cvs tab -b <tag name>

are you sure that your sandbox is on that tag? ie
    cd sandbox
    cvs upd -r <tag name>

--
no toll on the internet; there are paths of many kinds;
whoever passes this portal will travel freely in the world

How to maintain CVS branch with tag???

Post by hoop » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:04:25

Thanks,after reading the help docs,I've solved it.

>                                [. . .]
>     hoop> Bug fixing---SomeSoft 1.5 SomeSoft 1.0
>     hoop> Enhancement---SomeSoft 2.0

>     hoop> I want to make a tag for them and merge the 2 reversions in
>     hoop> the end,but after adding tag,I can not commit what I
>     hoop> modified, what's the problem?

> are you sure that you added a branch tag? ie
>     cvs tab -b <tag name>

> are you sure that your sandbox is on that tag? ie
>     cd sandbox
>     cvs upd -r <tag name>

> --
> no toll on the internet; there are paths of many kinds;
> whoever passes this portal will travel freely in the world

1. cvs: remove branch tag

I don't know if I'm off topic, but anyway I hope you can help me. I just
want to know how to remove a branch tag with cvs. I tried a lot of options
and browsed all known cvs documentations but I couldn't figure it out. I
hope you have helpful experiences.

Regards,
Henry Hess

2. usr courier v90

3. cvs: merging branches?

4. #9 Reality SFX 932

5. Re-encode mp3, maintaining ID3 tags - lame?

6. Intel Motherboards & Linux

7. Discarding RCS main branch in favor of a side branch

8. Errors compiling kernel

9. 5.0-STABLE cvs tag

10. 2.7-stable CVS tag name?

11. FreeBSD developement CVS tags

12. How do I limit certain cvs operations (e.g.: tag) to authorized persons?

13. Correct CVS tag for 4.0-CURRENT?