couple questions for people smarter than I

Post by and.. » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> First the newbie question, how do i enable my backspace key when i am
> remotley logged into my freeBSD server.

Its not a matter of enabling it...the problem is whichecver temrinal
emulator you are using is not sending backspace wehn you are hitting
backspace. Some progrmas allow you to control what key press they send. I
personally like the way my keyboard is laid out so change what freebsd
wants. You might like to try typing:

stty erase [bs key here]

Quote:> two IP addresses, and i want to bind run two different inetd's, so how do i

inetd -a [address]

Andrew

1. couple questions for people smarter than I

First the newbie question, how do i enable my backspace key when i am
remotley logged into my freeBSD server. and the other question is, I have
two IP addresses, and i want to bind run two different inetd's, so how do i
bind each inetd to a different .conf file, my to conf files are inetd.conf
and inetd.alias.conf, I already have the box setup to respond to both IP
addresses.

Any help would be much appreciated
Adam

2. Jumpstart

3. questions on Linux for more than a couple of people...

4. 2nd X session with xdm

5. couple of questions (well, more than a couple)

6. Promise 2300+ and extended DOS paritions

7. ARMnote question & another couple of questions..

8. utmp/wtmp: Why some, not others?

9. Couple of questions for the sages...

10. A couple of CDE questions

11. A couple of easy questions (SUMMARY)

12. couple of sco questions...

13. ppp: a couple of questions, if you please.