XFree86 Config FAILED

Post by graham » Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:44:00

I keep seeing the above when I try to configure. I have an ATI 128 Rage AGP
card and Proview 17" monitor. When I go to configure the card I do not see
my card in the list so am not entering anything in the Card Model Filter.
The driver does however list ATI. Is this the reason it keeps failing.

Thanks

XFree86 Config FAILED

Post by Erik Nygre » Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:01:21

> I keep seeing the above when I try to configure. I have an ATI 128 Rage AGP
> card and Proview 17" monitor. When I go to configure the card I do not see
> my card in the list so am not entering anything in the Card Model Filter.
> The driver does however list ATI. Is this the reason it keeps failing.

I think we need more details, but have you "device agp" in your kernel?
And if not, do you have:
  agp_load="YES"
in /boot/loader.conf?

If that's OK, what does
  dmesg | grep agp
say?
What chipset is on your mainboard? Is it supported?
If it helps, I have a ATI Rage 128 PRO running just fine in 4.8 as well as
in 5.1.
What version of FreeBSD are you running?

--
Erik Nygren
e r i k { a t } s w i p { d o t } n e t