FBSD or qmail script problem?

Post by toy » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:49:50

Hi, I used to be able to send mail through my crontab by putting in a 1 line statement:

But this doesn't work anymore, instead, it puts me in interactive mode and expects me to write the body of the message and press Control-D when I am done.  I recently upgraded to FreeBSD 5.1 and switched from sendmail to qmail so I am not sure if it is a FreeBSD problem or qmail problem.  How can I change my 1 line "script" to work non-interactively?  The man page for mail was of no help.
Thanks.

Post by Andreas Wollschlaege » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 05:08:34

> Hi, I used to be able to send mail through my crontab by putting in a 1 line statement:

> But this doesn't work anymore, instead, it puts me in interactive mode and expects me to write the body of the message and press Control-D when I am done.  I recently upgraded to FreeBSD 5.1 and switched from sendmail to qmail so I am not sure if it is a FreeBSD problem or qmail problem.  How can I change my 1 line "script" to work non-interactively?  The man page for mail was of no help.
> Thanks.

You might try either sendmail (AFAIR qmail comes with its own
sendmail-compatible wrapper) or qmail-inject.
Educated guess in the evening, HTH though :-)

Andreas

1. changing to qmail on fbsd 3.1

hello,

anyone know a good site or somewhere else with some good info on changing
to qmail.

I think the port does most of the work, but I would like to know also some
other minor things, like junking sendmail properly and making sure qmail
starts up fine.

thanks ...

oink!

________________

na zdravie :-)))

2. receiving email on linux

3. fbsd newbie stuck trying to receive email with qmail

4. Telnet proxy?

5. qmail and qmail+MRTG How-Tos

6. Free BSD not more reachable from Windows-PCs

7. qmail help: how do i use qmail-pw2u????

8. Playing Audio CDs?

9. Best way to change from FBSD-2.2.7 to FBSD-4.1-stable

10. HELP: How does a FBSD/FBSD diskless configuration perform booting?

11. FBSD 2.2.2 vs. FBSD 2.2-STABLE

12. Qmail Antispam script

13. qmail startup script