Minicom

Post by Jason Bac » Fri, 26 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone out there ported Minicom to FreeBSD?  ( It's a communications
program that looks like Procomm )

I compiled it on my 2.1.0 system without any problems, but for some reason
it can't get in touch with my modem.  It can't be a hardware problem,
since I'm using seyon at this moment.  I tried compiling with -DBSD
and -DSYSV.  Both compiled fine, but neither one would connect to the modem.

No error messages, either - the modem (/dev/ttyd1) just doesn't respond.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Jason
--

------------------------

------------------------

Minicom

Post by Chris Lars » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

:>
:>I compiled it on my 2.1.0 system without any problems, but for some reason
:>it can't get in touch with my modem.  It can't be a hardware problem,
:>since I'm using seyon at this moment.  I tried compiling with -DBSD
:>and -DSYSV.  Both compiled fine, but neither one would connect to the modem.
:>
:>No error messages, either - the modem (/dev/ttyd1) just doesn't respond.
:>
:>Any ideas would be appreciated.
:>

It may expect your modem device to be linked to /dev/modem

ln -s /dev/ttyd1 /dev/modem

good luck

chris
--

Lab Assistant-Backups     Computer Science Dept.
University of Tennessee- Knoxville

Minicom

Post by John McNam » Wed, 01 May 1996 04:00:00

>Has anyone out there ported Minicom to FreeBSD?  ( It's a communications
>program that looks like Procomm )

>I compiled it on my 2.1.0 system without any problems, but for some reason
>it can't get in touch with my modem.  It can't be a hardware problem,
>since I'm using seyon at this moment.  I tried compiling with -DBSD
>and -DSYSV.  Both compiled fine, but neither one would connect to the modem.

>No error messages, either - the modem (/dev/ttyd1) just doesn't respond.

Try using /dev/cuaXX instead of /dev/ttyXX.

--

MicroWizards Software Development Services
Voice: 702-825-3535 / FAX: 702-825-3443

Minicom

Post by Miquel van Smoorenbu » Fri, 03 May 1996 04:00:00

>:>
>:>I compiled it on my 2.1.0 system without any problems, but for some reason
>:>it can't get in touch with my modem.  It can't be a hardware problem,
>:>since I'm using seyon at this moment.  I tried compiling with -DBSD
>:>and -DSYSV.  Both compiled fine, but neither one would connect to the modem.
>:>
>:>No error messages, either - the modem (/dev/ttyd1) just doesn't respond.
>:>
>:>Any ideas would be appreciated.
>:>

Did you compile it with -D_DCDFLOW? If you don't have the option
of compiling it that way  because minicom is too old, get the
latest (test) version from ftp.cistron.nl/pub/people/miquels/alpha.

Mike.
--
  Miquel van    | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.

Minicom

Post by David E. O'Bri » Sun, 05 May 1996 04:00:00

:
: :>I compiled it on my 2.1.0 system without any problems, but for some reason
: :>it can't get in touch with my modem.  It can't be a hardware problem,
: :>since I'm using seyon at this moment.  I tried compiling with -DBSD
: :>and -DSYSV.  Both compiled fine, but neither one would connect to the modem.

: It may expect your modem device to be linked to /dev/modem
:
: ln -s /dev/ttyd1 /dev/modem

If you are using the FreeBSD port of Minicom that I made, it does indead
assume that /dev/modem is a link to what ever device your modem is*
off of.  If you didn't use my Minicom port, I'd suggest you grap it from
ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/ports-current/comm/minicom (or get the port
from the FreeBSD Web page as www.freebsd.org).
--

1. Minicom Alt-Q quits more than just Minicom

Hi,

I am a new user of Linux and want to set up PPP badly.  However, I've read the
HOWTO and followed the structions but just can't get it working.  What I've
got so far :-

1)I can dial in to my ISP using Minicom and logged in all right.
2)I can type in ppp at the prompt and garbage showed up (talking)

After that, I followed the instruction and type in <Alt-Q>, but when I do so,
not only the MINICOM quits but also the whole x-term will disappear leaving
the /dev/modem locked (when I pick up the phone, there is a dial tone so I
know it hanged up too).  My /etc/ppp/options file and /etc/resolv.conf look
as follow :-

modem
crtscts
defaultroute
asyncmap 0
mtu 552
mru 552

-------
and my /etc/resolv.conf :-

domain 137.186.128.11
       198.53.64.7
nameserver 10.25.0.1

---------

Thanks for any help.  I really appreciate it.

2. Pb with mandrake 7.1 Install DPT SCSI card

3. SliRp/Minicom: Starting Slirp through minicom?

4. Problem with BayNetwork Optivity

5. To Minicom or not to Minicom

6. MacOS-clients

7. Kppp, ppp, minicom HELP?

8. what to use for development

9. updating minicom

10. Minicom Error: "cua2: 1 input overrun(s)"

11. NEWBIE: DOWNLOADING WITH MINICOM

12. does minicom work with 8 bit characters?

13. problem with backspace and minicom