Partitioning a Second Hard Drive with FBSD...

Partitioning a Second Hard Drive with FBSD...

Post by Jason Brinkle » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Can some one please help me out?

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.2 and I just bought a new hard drive for the
system.  I am going to keep the root(/) partition intact(it's on my
current primary hard drive).  But, I need to make a /usr, a /tmp, and a
/home partition on this new drive.  The drive I have in there right now
has each of those partitions on it, but I am going to transfer them all
(except for root) to the new bigger drive.

My question is this:
What do I do to partition this new disk correctly and to format it
correctly under the FreeBSD system?  Do I have to use sysinstall?  If I
do, what steps so I have to take in sysinstall to get it partitioned
correctly.  I assume I don't have to make it bootable since the root(/)
directory resides on the primary drive already and is bootable? I just
need to get past the point of partitioning this thing.  I can mount the
drive and get the files copied over if I can get the drive formatted and
partitioned correctly.  Does anyone have some help that you can give me?

Thanks,

1. How to merge two hard drive into one logical hard drive for Linux

Hi everybody,
I have two hard drives, their capacities are 4.3 Giga byte and 3.2 Giga
byte. And I would like to merge these two hard drives into one hard
drive in order to mount them to directory "/usr" in Linux . But I don 't
know how to do that. please tell me what softwares I can use for that,
and where I can download them as well as how to set up it. If you have
spare time, please tell me as much details as posible.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Ha Le (Vietnam)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Getting core images of running processes without terminating

3. Large IDE Hard Drive as a Second Hard Drive

4. source routing on Solaris 2.6

5. Two hard drives to a single hard drive

6. how to prevent other computer ping me ?

7. Disk Druid , mount hard drive, partitioning hard drive

8. PLIP.COM+Trumpet Winsock 2.0 Rev.B => route problem?

9. Setting active partition on second hard drive

10. Trouble mounting second partition of first hard drive

11. Second Hard Drive Partition Confusion

12. LILO incapable of booting primary partition of second hard drive?