LDAP on FreeBSD

Post by bbo.. » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,

Does anybody know of an html interface to run U.M. LDAP 3.3/OpenLDAP on
FreeBSD 3.2 ?

Would like to find a nice easy configuration tool to add/modify/delete
user info.

tku

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LDAP on FreeBSD

Post by Christophe Laue » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Hi All,

> Does anybody know of an html interface to run U.M. LDAP 3.3/OpenLDAP on
> FreeBSD 3.2 ?

> Would like to find a nice easy configuration tool to add/modify/delete
> user info.

Hi,

I haven't tried'em but i know about two PHP applications which provide
what you're looking for.
Have a look at :

http://www.hklc.com/infocenter/articles/My_Software_x_LDAP_web_xplore...

and ftp://igloo.its.unimelb.edu.au/pub/LDAPExplorer/ with a live demo at
http://igloo.its.unimelb.edu.au/LDAPExplorer/

Regards, CL

--
Christophe Lauer
R&D - SQLi

LDAP on FreeBSD

Post by Leslie Mikese » Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Hi All,

>Does anybody know of an html interface to run U.M. LDAP 3.3/OpenLDAP on
>FreeBSD 3.2 ?

>Would like to find a nice easy configuration tool to add/modify/delete
>user info.

There is a generic web->LDAP interface at
 http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~fri/web500gw/
It makes a nice 'address book' as well as allowing modifications and
additions.

  Les Mikesell

1. X.500/LDAP on FreeBSD

        My thoughts on this were triggered when I saw mention of long
usernames/loginids in another thread.

        I'm wondering if anyone, in particular any ISPs, are running
X.500 or the UMich LDAP servers? Properly set up this would allow

addresses.

        This isn't the only use for X.500/LDAP but it certainly would
make the need for extra-long loginids a thing of the past.
--
"As Jun [Murai] explains it, `I can go to the bar and drink beer. I go
to a phone and ping my routers, and if they are still working, I go

2. What does the XF86Setup program use for default XF86Config

3. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

4. Socket programming?

5. How to use LDAP as PAM in FreeBSD 5.1?

6. Webcam question

7. LDAP on FreeBSD?

8. How to install KDE on existing text based RH7.2 system ???

9. freebsd & ldap & pam & login

10. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

11. FreeBSD 4.3 LDAP Authentication to OpenLDAP ver2 Servers

12. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

13. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap