KDE and Netscape

Post by Ken Ax » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Is it possible to run netscape under KDE. I installed the package but I
can't seem to make it work. I'm running 3.2

thanks
ken

Visit Prettyfeet Ministries
Resources for those who spread the Gospel through music.
If you have any interest in music ministry.
This site is for you
http://PrettyfeetMinistries.tzo.com

KDE and Netscape

Post by Philipp Hube » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Is it possible to run netscape under KDE. I installed the package but I
> can't seem to make it work. I'm running 3.2

> thanks
> ken

did you install the compat22 distribution?

Philipp

KDE and Netscape

Post by Dave Simo » Tue, 25 Jul 2000 04:00:00

We've tracked down the source of the following rumour to

:

Quote:>Is it possible to run netscape under KDE. I installed the
>package but I can't seem to make it work. I'm running 3.2

Yes it's possible. I did it myself once on 3.2. However, I sense
that's not the answer you're really looking for. What are you
doing to try to make it work? Like typing netscape & in an xterm
(or whatever KDE gives you in place of that)? Are you implying
it works with other X clients?

Dave.

--

Microsoft is to technology as McDonalds is to nutrition.

To mail me swing an axe between underscore and dave.

KDE and Netscape

Post by DuckMa » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Is it possible to run netscape under KDE. I installed the package but I
> can't seem to make it work. I'm running 3.2

Click the app button on your toolbar (far left icon "K").
Go to  "System", then click on app finder.
Should come up in "K", "Non-KDE apps" or "Personal"

KDE and Netscape

Post by James McNaughto » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I found that I had to set the following in ~/.shrc

# As suggested by Netscape Readme
MOZILLA_HOME=/usr/local/netscape-4.51
export MOZILLA_HOME

before it would run.