Need help with Texel CD-ROM install

Post by Jay Mosel » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I am trying to install the 2.1.5 release of FreeBSD from CD-ROM.  I have a
Texel DM3024 internal CD-ROM attached via ProAudioSpectrum 16 sound board
SCSI port.  I can get into the UserConfig after booting from the floppy
diskette but don't know how to get information entered about my CD-ROM drive
(which isn't among the choices offered).  Can someone give me a shove in the
right direction?
--
----------------
Jay Moseley, CCP

I've just ploughed through the entirety of misc,hardware and setup, to no
avail;  I installed Linux from the sbpcd boot disk (as I have a Panasonic
CD-ROM drive hanging off a SoundBlaster-compat. card), and the CD-ROM drive
chugged away happily to give me the OS.  However, my concerns about the size of
everything I was prompted to install made me decide NOT to install the linux
source.

Now, when I boot up the CD drive cannot be mounted because of 'wrong fs, blah
blah, or other error'.  I interrogated sbpcd.h (I *did* install the includes)
and the setup was incorrect.  Because I can't mount the CD drive I can't get
the source off the CD - re-booting off the boot disk (sbpcd) and trying a
reinstall  from the CD using setup gives a warning that the CD drive can't be
mounted.

Should I delete the linux partition and start from scratch again?  I do really
need to access the CD drive, and I realise now that it is kind of useful to
have the OS source.

Apart from that, it's great having a proper OS on my PC at last!

John

2. Booting from alternate disk

3. Trantor T130B SCSI Adapter & Texel/Plextor 5240 CD-ROM: HELP!

4. configuring chhoser

5. Texel DM-3024 CD-ROM and Trantor T130 SCSI host adapter.

6. solaris/emacs and linux

7. Texel CD-ROM w/Workman question

8. ATI Mach 64 - Blurry Screen

9. Mounting Texel cd-rom

10. Does Linux work with TEXEL CD-ROM?

11. Is anyone using a TEXEL CD-ROM (SCSI) with Linux?

12. Texel CD-ROM & 99pl12

13. Texel CD-ROM & pl12