CAD Ports collection problems

Post by Gary Gapinsk » Tue, 21 Apr 1998 04:00:00

<snip>

Quote:> pcb:
> This is a minor but annoying problem.  Everytime I start pcb, my 'ppp
> -auto' (which, BTW, is working like a dream now, since 2.2.1!) dials out
> for some reason.  How do I find out what kind of packet it's trying to
> send and where?

The ppp command "set log +TCP/IP" will log packets to /var/log/ppp.log.

Regards,

Gary

Post by Donn Mille » Thu, 23 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hi... I recently tried installing several ports from the /usr/ports/cad
> set: acs, chipmunk, magic, pcb and spice.  Of these, acs and spice work
> as expected.  My system is 2.2.6-RELEASE.

> chipmunk:
> I get the following error when I run any of the tools in chipmunk:
>   X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>     Major opcode of failed request:  78 (X_CreateColormap)
>     Serial number of failed request:  9
>     Current serial number in output stream:  11
> magic:
> This one seems like it's gonna start up, but it craps out & dumps core
> after warning it can't "allocate 7  planes in default colormap....":

What it's complaining about is that you have to start X with more colors,
like:

startx -- -bpp 16

where 16 is Bits Per Pixel, which gives 2**16 colors.  That will at
least solve the colormap problem.  You need at least 1M or video RAM to
do this.

        Donn

Post by Ace Face & » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>> This one seems like it's gonna start up, but it craps out & dumps core
>> after warning it can't "allocate 7  planes in default colormap....":

>What it's complaining about is that you have to start X with more colors,
>like:

>startx -- -bpp 16

>where 16 is Bits Per Pixel, which gives 2**16 colors.  That will at
>least solve the colormap problem.  You need at least 1M or video RAM to
>do this.

>    Donn

You can also add `DefaultColorDepth 16' to the Screen section of your
XF86Config file.

-brian

Brian Neal

Just about every computer on the market today runs Unix, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).
                -- Bill Joy 6/21/85

1. make clean in ports collection crashes system with some ports

Hi y'all,

I have this really nasty problem.

make clean somehow crashes my system with certain ports such as:
mozilla
php
and DBD_mysql

Most likely more will crash, but these I ran into.

I also found the problem of the crashing, for some mysterious reason, these ports collection keeps forking make processes untill the complete system rusn out of memory and finally freezes.

I have the feeling that this is happening since I did a portupgrade -ra but I can't see why it goes wrong on certain ports and works fine on others. For now I manually remove the work dirs to get rid off all the compiliation stuff, but in the end I'd like to have the make clean working as it is suppose to.

Any ideas suggestions?

Raymond

2. display and pcmcia card problems..

3. wget-problem from FreeBSD ports collection

4. Does Solaris 7 support pen devices ?

5. Problems with dsniff from the ports collection

6. Lilo configuration problems.

7. Problem with "databases" in ports collection

8. Can Gnome Applets be run under KDE?

9. FreeBSD Ports Collection: xpm-3.4j Problems Installing

10. ports-collection problem...

11. 3d cad system port to linux

12. Porting 2D CAD from DOS to Linux

13. Has anyone ported Berkeley's (VLSI CAD tools) MAGIC v6 and/or SPICE3 to Linux