lnc driver in 2.1.5R

Post by Jim Kin » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I just upgraded my main server from 2.1R to 2.1.5R.  This PC has an
on-board AMD 1500T Ethernet interface, which worked fine with the lnc
network interface driver in 2.1R.  Under 2.1.5R I get LOTS of messages
like "Receive CRC error", "Missed packet -- no receive buffer", and
"last message repeated XXXX times".  It _seemed_ to be working OK, but I
got nervous and stuck in an NE2000.

This is an ISA PC with 32 MB RAM.  Could this be a problem with bounce
buffers (or lack of them, as a quick scan of if_lnc.c doesn't seem to
indicate that it uses them)?  Did the lnc driver just get munged somehow
in 2.1.5R?

In case I have to make the NIC change permanent, what's the preferred
ISA NIC these days?

Jim

1. Upgrade 2.1.5R to 2.1.6R

I've got three machines running 2.1.5R and I have a tape with 2.1.6R on
it.  Is it worth upgrading these systems to 2.1.6R?  What's the best /
easiest way to do so?  Should I run the 2.1.6R installation and let it
do an upgrade?  Should I do a fresh install on one machine and then copy
the source tree to the other two machines?

Jim

2. Controller number assignment

3. 2.1.5R --> 2.1.6R upgrade available?

4. Printer Properties Config File - Where in X and KDE

5. Upgrading 2.1R -> 2.1.5R

6. Doesn't like my keyboard

7. Problems with audio & midi on 2.1.5R

8. NIS+ replicas have corrupt tables on update from master

9. FreeBSD 2.1.5R wont run on AST Bravo

10. Network Audio System (NAS) on 2.1.5R

11. Why was 2.1.5R pulled back and re-released?

12. Can't install 2.1.5R on an IBM ThinkPad 365X

13. MMAP in 2.1.5R