Routing Problem: need to keep routes to old ips available

Routing Problem: need to keep routes to old ips available

Post by Mark Gazd » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

This is the situation:

I have 2 DNS machines, and 1 mail server setup on a class c which will
not be avilable to me shortly (connected to the internet).  I have a new
class c available, but have dialup users who I don't want to have to
change DNS ips or Mail server ips.  Can I setup a working static route,
or some other solution to allow my dialup users, connecting using the
new class c, to be able to access DNS and Mail using old IPs which are
aliased on machines setup on the new class c.

Thank you for your help in advance.