Return Receipt with sendmail

Post by chri » Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am wondering how I set up 1 or 2 user accounts that any mail sent from
these accounts automatically includes a return receipt (Is this even
supported under FreeBSD)

Also, I know that you can use a .forward file to automatically forward a
users mail, but is there a way to also automatically send a copy of all
incoming mail to another account?

Thanks,
Chris Young

Post by Ron Echever » Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>I am wondering how I set up 1 or 2 user accounts that any mail sent from
>these accounts automatically includes a return receipt (Is this even
>supported under FreeBSD)

I'm not sure what you mean with "including a return receipt" when the
email is being sent.  You can request a return receipt from the remote
site, if it is supported, but it is not a universal feature.

Quote:>Also, I know that you can use a .forward file to automatically forward a
>users mail, but is there a way to also automatically send a copy of all
>incoming mail to another account?

If you wish to leave a copy locally and forward a copy remotely, try
including this in the user's .forward:

rone
--

Systems/Usenet Administration                     "This is _my_ ISP, _i_ do the
Best Internet Communications, Inc.           ass-kicking around here!" -rpwhite

1. Return receipt with sendmail.

Hi all,

Is it possible to configure sendmail for return receipt ? This feature is
much desired at our site.

If it's of any aid - we run sendmail 4.1/SMI-4.1

Please reply via email.

Cheers - and thanks in advance.

-Ronnie.

UNIX Systems          |  1320 Center St             |  Tel  : +1-617-969-3771
S/W Consulting.       |  Newton, MA 02159.          |  Fax  : +1-617-969-4326

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere
 in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

     - Calvin in 'Calvin & Hobbes : Weirdos From Another Planet'

2. How to change the buffer size of a socket

3. Sendmail and Return Receipts

4. Apache MIME Question

5. sendmail return-receipt-to weirdness

6. Got this 1Gb MS-DOS formatted IDE HD, how can I get Linux to see it?

7. Requesting return receipts on emails

8. How to get characteristics of a remote terminal ?

9. unix mail return receipt

10. Return Receipt Request-How To?

11. how to deny reply to return-receipt request ?

12. return receipt

13. Return Receipt .. spam