Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller ??

Post by Paul Koc » Sun, 22 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to setup a FreeBSD box with has just landed on my desk. I
specified an Adaptec 2940 SCSI controller but it came with a 2920. has
anyone got the 2920 controller working under FreeBSD ??

I have looked through the sources for -STABLE, but didn't find any
reference to a 2920 controller.

        Paul Koch
        NetRepair Technical Services Pty Ltd
        P.O. Box 12717
        Elizabeth Street
        Brisbane, 4002
        Queensland, Australia
        Phone: +61 18 746017 (Mobile)

Post by J Wuns » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I have looked through the sources for -STABLE, but didn't find any
> reference to a 2920 controller.

Unsupported.  Despite it's promising name, it's basically a piece of
*only.  (Non-busmaster controller.)

--
cheers, J"org

1. Adaptec 2920 SCSI controller

Hi folks,

Just installed Red Hat 5.2. During the installation process the list of
SCSI controllers supported did not include the Adaptec 2920 (other
Adaptec cards were on the list, but not the 2920).

Has anybody got RH5.2 to recognise this kind of SCSI card ? I've got a
pair of seagate 4GB drives I'd DEARLY like to use.

Persumably I have to get the kernel module to support this adaptor from
somewhere ?

Best Regards

Phil Richardson

2. Help: Ping and lost packets!

3. Adaptec 2920 SCSI Controller

4. ?: DEAD MOUSE in X

5. installing Linux (slackware/redhat w/Adaptec 2920 (PCI SCSI-2) controller

6. Accelerated X and KDE

7. Both Adaptec 2940 and 2920 cards (no 2920!)

8. HP DAT and OSR 5.0.2 problems

9. Support for ADAPTEC's SCSI AHA-2920 board

10. Kernel Panic: SCSI Adaptec 2920 Problem

11. AHA 2920 SCSI controller

12. RedHat 5.0 and AHA-2920 scsi controller

13. Adaptec AHA-2920 SCSI with Linux?