1. Running but mount_msdos, ppp and Syncing disks problems
I'm up and running but somewhat "crippled". I have several
outstanding problems that I haven't been able to solve.
Problems are on a P-100/32MB/NCR SCSI II/HDs 1.2Gig
and 1.0Gig. DOS and Linux on SD0 and FreeBSD 2.1 on
SD1, partition 1 and Linux /usr/remote on partition 2.
Booting all OSes from Lilo on SD0.
First: During reboot/halt, expected "syncing disks ... 3 3 done"
message replaced with "syncing disks ... 1 1 1 1 1
1 ... 1 (fills entire line) giving up" and then
"Rebooting" which results in a dirty file system at
Second: Cannot mount MSDOS patition from sd0. I've tried
mount_msdos /dev/sd0 /mnt and various
combinations around that without success. Error
msg = sd0: error reading primary partition table
reading fsbn0 (sd0 bn 0; cn0 tn 0 sn 0) returned
when using fdisk.
/etc/sysconfig has device sd0 and drive is
detected at boot time. fdisk
Third: ppp returns error after dial command:
"Cannot access modem" or equivalent.
Occcasionally, it will work. I have a symbolic link
from modem to /dev/cuaa1 (my modem is on
DOS COM2 port) in /dev directory. Also have
tun0 in /etc/netstart and /sys/i386/conf/MYHOST.
Fourth: About 50% of my kernel makes fail with Signal errors
10 or 11 and kernel panic: vm_page_free freeing
free page. Don't see either problem making Linux
kernels. Haven't seen any other evidence of a
memory problem in other DOS, Linux or FreeBSD
Any suggestions and advice on additional documents to read
would be greatly appreciated. I've read FAQ, handbook, and
info FreeBSD and linked web sites in addition to man pages.
Burlington Industries, Inc.
Greensboro, NC 27410
2. Syslog config question
3. mount_msdos and Win95
4. Netwok performance bad. Need help.
5. mount, mount_msdos, and fstab
6. Looking desperately for SCO X-Sight
7. Mount_Msdos floppy can someone help me?
8. Freesco Isdn
9. mount_msdos: vfsload(msdos): No such file or directory ???
10. problems, problems, 37.5 GB, problems, 1024, problems...
11. Installation problems, problems, problems!
12. PPP stands for Problem Problem Problem
13. Problems... problems ... more problems