Source code for telnet

Post by n.. » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 02:36:30

Hi

Can someone give me a URL for the source code of the telnet client that
comes with FreeBSD. I'm interested in how it does its IPv6 support so the
standard telnet source is no use. Apparently the Kame project modified it
but its nowhere to be found on their site and I've looked all over the place.

Thanks for any help

NJR

Source code for telnet

Post by Kade » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 02:54:44

> Can someone give me a URL for the source code of the telnet client that
> comes with FreeBSD. I'm interested in how it does its IPv6 support so the
> standard telnet source is no use.

I'm a bit confused here.  You want the source for the telnet that comes
with FreeBSD, but the 'standard' source is no use?  Would not the telnet
that comes with it be the 'standard' source?

At any rate, if you install the system sources, you can find telnet in
/usr/src/usr.bin/telnet/

Source code for telnet

Post by n.. » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:00:47

>> Can someone give me a URL for the source code of the telnet client that
>> comes with FreeBSD. I'm interested in how it does its IPv6 support so the
>> standard telnet source is no use.

>I'm a bit confused here.  You want the source for the telnet that comes
>with FreeBSD, but the 'standard' source is no use?  Would not the telnet
>that comes with it be the 'standard' source?

Standard as in unmodified by the kame project , ie the client that is used
on every other version of unix. Every telnet link I found on the web simply
linked to the code for that.

Thanks, it seems this machine does have the source installed on it.

NJR

Source code for telnet

Post by p.. » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:04:14

> Hi

> Can someone give me a URL for the source code of the telnet client that
> comes with FreeBSD. I'm interested in how it does its IPv6 support so the
> standard telnet source is no use. Apparently the Kame project modified it
> but its nowhere to be found on their site and I've looked all over the place.

The supplied sources for 4.4 shure has ipv6 support, and it lives
in it's standards location : /usr/src/usr.bin/telnet

What's the problem ?

Quote:

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)

1. source code for telnet?

Hi,

Is there any source code for telnet around?  And for that matter, is there
any archive site of unix source code?

thanks

--

          I speak for me, myself, and I.  Not CCSO or U of I.

2. Application Error

3. Help! Source code of telnet, ftp, ...

4. Jserv Configuration

5. Need source code of telnet

6. MkLinux on a PB 1400

7. Looking for Source Code of TELNET,UAP,IPC

8. IBM wins $5 billion outsourcing deal

9. Source Code for TelNet, where can I get it

10. simple telnet client source code

11. Need telnet source code (or ideas)...

12. TELNET Source Code???

13. HELP-Telnet source code