INIT and restarting /etc/rc.conf...

Post by Bob Badarac » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

After modifying or adding an ifconfig_alias, I seem to remember a way of
restarting init to make the changes take effect without rebooting.

I couldn't find anything on this in the FAQ's. Could someone give me
a hint?

BTW, this is FBSD 2.2.5.

Thanks

INIT and restarting /etc/rc.conf...

Post by Michael Kondrash » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> After modifying or adding an ifconfig_alias, I seem to remember a way of
> restarting init to make the changes take effect without rebooting.

> I couldn't find anything on this in the FAQ's. Could someone give me
> a hint?

#kill 1
It will turn you into single user mode. Press Ctrl-D or type exit.
It's almost rebooting.