How do you confine users to their own home directory?

How do you confine users to their own home directory?

Post by vector sigm » Sun, 23 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi all, is it possible to confine ONE PARTICULAR user to his/her own
home directory so that he/she cannot cd outside his own home dir? that
is, without having to chmod on everything else on the system?

Thanks!

--
galactic_war

Post by Rev. Don Koo » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi all, is it possible to confine ONE PARTICULAR user to his/her own
> home directory so that he/she cannot cd outside his own home dir? that
> is, without having to chmod on everything else on the system?

        You edit the "/etc/passwd" file to make their shell the "restricted
shell" (rsh).

                        Hope this helps,
                              Don

--
**********************      You a bounty hunter?
* Rev. Don McDonald  *      Man's gotta earn a living.

How do you confine users to their own home directory?

Post by vector sigm » Mon, 24 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thank you, people, I will be looking into the various possibilities you
suggested.

Later,

--
galactic war