tftp problem

Post by benbachir yousse » Thu, 23 May 2002 23:27:15

Hi,

I am working on a freeBSD machine and I want to send a file from a computer
into another one, using the tftp transfer protocol.
The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
But is It there a way to avoid that?
I know that It works with the GET command but I am obliged to use the PUT
one.

Thanks in advance.
Youssef

tftp problem

Post by Ted Mittelstaed » Fri, 24 May 2002 20:16:07

>Hi,

>I am working on a freeBSD machine and I want to send a file from a computer
>into another one, using the tftp transfer protocol.
>The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
>created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
>obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
>But is It there a way to avoid that?
>I know that It works with the GET command but I am obliged to use the PUT
>one.

tftp is not the appropriate protocol for this task.  You need to use rcp or
the SSHified
version of it, scp, if your a security freak.  ;-)

--

Author of:          The FreeBSD Corporate Networker's Guide
Book website:         http://www.freebsd-corp-net-guide.com

tftp problem

Post by those who know me have no need of my nam » Sat, 25 May 2002 09:13:17

[fu-t set.  yuck!  every friggin' group with `bsd' in the name except ones
that are freebsd oriented.  that was lame.  please don't do it again.]

Quote:>The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
>created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
>obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
>But is It there a way to avoid that?

it's a security measure.  you can replace the tftp daemon (not recommended)
or use a different transfer method (e.g., rcp or scp).

1. tftp problem

Hi,

I am working on a freeBSD machine and I want to send a file from a computer
into another one, using the tftp transfer protocol.
The problem is that The name of the file I want to send is dynamically
created and the tftp serveur answers: File Not Found. I conclue that I am
obliged to create the file on the host machine before macking the transfer.
But is It there a way to avoid that?
I know that It works with the GET command but I am obliged to use the PUT
one.

Thanks in advance.
Youssef

2. dip script problem.

3. tftp problems

4. Whence information of FM sound?

5. tftp problem

6. Assistance with AHA-1522A SCSI card

7. TFTP PROBLEM -- PLEASE HELP

8. find out ethernet address

9. TFTP problems

10. TFTP problem

11. tftp Problems

12. HELP: Solaris 2.6 TFTP problem with Cisco 2501

13. tftp problem