Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Erlend Gar?se » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 07:51:45

I have a couple of questions.

1. Where's the pine.conf file? I have replaced sendmail with qmail, and
now I want to configure Pine to find 'Mailbox'. I know I can do this in
.pinerc, but I want to make the changes for all my users. Pine.conf is
not at '/usr/local/lib/pine.conf' as supposed.

2. sshd is not working properly. I enabled it through sysinstall, but
when I try to make a connection from Windows to FreeBSD with my client
(F-Secure SSH1), I get 'login incorrect' (anyway, the client recognizes
the host in a way, as it asks me about accepting the connection for the
specified host).
I do have 'sshd_enable="YES"' in rc.conf.

Erlend

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Olivier Ro » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:14:25

> 2. sshd is not working properly. I enabled it through sysinstall, but
> when I try to make a connection from Windows to FreeBSD with my client
> (F-Secure SSH1), I get 'login incorrect'

Maybe you try to log in as root and have the line 'PermitRootLogin no'
in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file ?

--
Olivier Roux (aka Skoot)
  Au commencement fut cr l'Univers. Cela mcontenta beaucoup de

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Volker Sto » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:11:12

Quote:> 1. Where's the pine.conf file? I have replaced sendmail with qmail, and
> now I want to configure Pine to find 'Mailbox'. I know I can do this in
> .pinerc, but I want to make the changes for all my users. Pine.conf is
> not at '/usr/local/lib/pine.conf' as supposed.

Are you sure? It might have ended up in /usr/local/etc.
--
Neues aus Genua? http://germany.indymedia.org/

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Nicholas Knigh » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 19:29:04

Quote:> I have a couple of questions.

> 1. Where's the pine.conf file? I have replaced sendmail with qmail, and
> now I want to configure Pine to find 'Mailbox'. I know I can do this in
> .pinerc, but I want to make the changes for all my users. Pine.conf is
> not at '/usr/local/lib/pine.conf' as supposed.

find / -name "pine.conf"

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Erlend Gar?se » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:44:14

> > 2. sshd is not working properly. I enabled it through sysinstall, but
> > when I try to make a connection from Windows to FreeBSD with my client
> > (F-Secure SSH1), I get 'login incorrect'

> Maybe you try to log in as root and have the line 'PermitRootLogin no'
> in your /etc/ssh/sshd_config file ?

No, I do not log in as root. But I'll try to change some settings in the
config file again before I seek more help...

Erlend

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Erlend Gar?se » Tue, 04 Sep 2001 20:49:51

> > I have a couple of questions.

> > 1. Where's the pine.conf file? I have replaced sendmail with qmail, and
> > now I want to configure Pine to find 'Mailbox'. I know I can do this in
> > .pinerc, but I want to make the changes for all my users. Pine.conf is
> > not at '/usr/local/lib/pine.conf' as supposed.

> find / -name "pine.conf"

Nope! No 'pine.conf' found. Even not in '/usr/local/etc'. So maybe I
have to create it?

Erlend

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Mikhail Kru » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 01:36:11

Did you install using port? You can look at /var/db/pkg/pine*/+CONTENTS
and see if it was installed.
Also try locate pine.conf
But it should be in /usr/local/etc/...

> > > I have a couple of questions.

> > > 1. Where's the pine.conf file? I have replaced sendmail with qmail, and
> > > now I want to configure Pine to find 'Mailbox'. I know I can do this in
> > > .pinerc, but I want to make the changes for all my users. Pine.conf is
> > > not at '/usr/local/lib/pine.conf' as supposed.

> > find / -name "pine.conf"

> Nope! No 'pine.conf' found. Even not in '/usr/local/etc'. So maybe I
> have to create it?

> Erlend

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Erlend Gar?se » Wed, 05 Sep 2001 21:09:59

> Did you install using port? You can look at /var/db/pkg/pine*/+CONTENTS
> and see if it was installed.
> Also try locate pine.conf
> But it should be in /usr/local/etc/...

I'm not sure. But I remember I installed Pine and Pico on an old version
of FreeBSD (3.4, I think) for about 3 months ago (I borrowed a book at
the library about FreeBSD with a CD-ROM - I just wanted to try it out).
I think there were no Pico and Pine, so I downloaded these program
somewhere).

Of course I have upgraded to 4.3, but I can still not find the conf
file.

Here's the output of /var/db/pkg/pine-3.96/+CONTENTS:

Erlend

> > > find / -name "pine.conf"

> > Nope! No 'pine.conf' found. Even not in '/usr/local/etc'. So maybe I
> > have to create it?

> > Erlend

Pine.conf and sshd

Post by Bill Vermilli » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 23:07:25

>> I have a couple of questions.
>> 1. Where's the pine.conf file? I have replaced sendmail with
>> qmail, and now I want to configure Pine to find 'Mailbox'. I know
>> I can do this in .pinerc, but I want to make the changes for
>> all my users. Pine.conf is not at '/usr/local/lib/pine.conf' as
>> supposed.
>find / -name "pine.conf"

I stopped using find except in the direste of circumstances.
locate makes life so much better.  Just a hint for those who
aren't using it.  You can always start it manual by going
to /usr/libexec and typing ./locate.updatedb, and from then on
your cron should take care of it.

--

1. Pine 3.95 and pine.conf/pine.conf.fixed

Hello all,

Just a quick question for today.  I recently installed q-mail on my
system to replace sendmail.  One of the things required by this install
is moving the mail folders to the users directories.  System is FreeBSD
2.1.5-Release, Pine is version 3.95.

I would like to set up Pine to default to a file (Mailbox) in the user's
home directory.  I know I need to set inbox-path=Mailbox but for some
reason Pine seems to ignore it's system wide configuration file.  If you
specify the system wide file, it works fine.

I've got pine.conf in /usr/local/lib/ as specified as the default
location for the global config file in the man pages....  Where'd I go
wrong?

Thanks for any pointers!!

-Dave

PS: An e-mailed reply in addition to a follow up post is greatly
appreciated as my news feed isn't all that great ;)

--
~|~|_  _   |  _  _ _|   _  |`  /~`|_  _  _  _
 | | |(/_  |_(_)| (_|  (_)~|~  \_,| |(_((_)_\
Ever been to the Realm of Chaos? Check it out!!

2. Q- recursive automatic FTP ??

3. How to enable openSSH sshd daemon, is it in inetd.conf?

4. 2.4.20-ck4

5. Trouble connecting to an SSHD box(RH7 newest SSHD)

6. HELP: User Notification

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Video

9. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

10. make.conf, kernel.conf, world.conf?

11. Why is pine(elf) much slower than pine(a.out)?

12. /etc/inetd.conf, /etc/xinetd.conf

13. sgen.conf st.conf questions.