need help getting a pci ethernet card to work on 2.2.5

need help getting a pci ethernet card to work on 2.2.5

Post by ashya.. » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am having trouble getting a SMC EZ Card 10/100 ( pci ) ethernet card
to work on 2.2.5. While booting the kernel detects the card and gives
the following message :

pci0:8: vendor=0x1113, device=0x1211 class=network (ethernet) int a irq
11 [no driver assigned]

Can some please advise how I can this card to work and what device
would it show up as to do a ifconfig on. I am trying to uise this card
as a second NIC so that I can use my freebsd box ( running on a dell p5
90} as a router to work with a cable modem.

TIA
Ash ;)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. need help getting a Xircom PCMCIA ethernet card to work under freebsd 4.2

Hi,
I'm having trouble getting my network card to work under FreeBSD-4.2.
My laptop is a toshiba tecra 8000. And my networkcard is a 'Xircom
realport ethernet 10/100 +modem 56'.
I've gotten my PCMCIA slots to work, and the card is detected properly
when inserted.

However, after insertion it gives me the following 'errors':
-------------<paste>----------
pccardd[196]: Card "Xircom"("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[CEM56] [1.00] matched "Xircom ("CreditCard Ethernet") [(null)]
[(null)]

pccardd[196]: Config id 35 not present in this card

pccardd[196]: Resource allocation failure for "Xircom"("CreditCard
Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56") [CEM56] [1.00]; Reason specified CIS was
not found
-----------<end paste>------------

Another card (an argossy (see http://www.argossy.nl)) does seem to
work properly. So I guess it has something to do with the driver for
some reason.

Does anyone know how I can get it to work? Because I'm kindof out of
ideas over here.

Thanks in advance,
--
-Sjoerd

2. Magnified Display

3. Need help getting Cabletron E2100 ethernet card working w/linux

4. why /boot seperated partition?

5. Getting a Dayna PCI Ethernet Card to work?

6. NIS+ change user passwd

7. Getting NDC 10/100 PCI ethernet card to work

8. best flavour of linux

9. Getting a Linksys PCI ethernet card to work

10. Getting two PCI ethernet cards working on the same machine.

11. netatalk works with ISA ethernet card but not PCI card -- HELP

12. Help: getting second PCI DE435 ethernet card recognised

13. Need help getting Linksys Wireless Ethernet to work with RedHat 7.1