3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

Post by sagej.. » Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:00:00

ok, i needed (well, wanted) glide support for my 3dfx banshee (creative
labs), so i installed the linux_glide port and it's dependencies.
However, when i execute test-glide, it does not work (installation went
fine, no errors.)  any help would be appreciated

# ./test-glide
test00:
Clear screen to blue
2.4b1
Resolution: 640x480
Press A Key To Begin Test.  *a-key*
_GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none
detected

this was done and duplicated multiple times under freebsd 3.2 (upgrade
to 3-stable via port) and X windows 3.3.5, KDE WM

~jtsage

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by David Efflan » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>ok, i needed (well, wanted) glide support for my 3dfx banshee (creative
>labs), so i installed the linux_glide port and it's dependencies.
>However, when i execute test-glide, it does not work (installation went
>fine, no errors.)  any help would be appreciated

># ./test-glide
>test00:
>Clear screen to blue
>2.4b1
>Resolution: 640x480
>Press A Key To Begin Test.  *a-key*
>_GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none
>detected

>this was done and duplicated multiple times under freebsd 3.2 (upgrade
>to 3-stable via port) and X windows 3.3.5, KDE WM

Have you tried running test-glide as root?  It works for me as root, but I
got the same error you did as a normal user (even a user in group wheel).
I have a Monster 3D (voodoo 1).

--

http://www.de-srv.com/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~cv-elgin/

3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

Post by Freebie_Potato_u.. » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

eh.  Funny.  I just clean-installed 3.3 stable and it detects banshee right
away and installed the desktop and XFree accordingly.  Mine is also Creative
Labs with a 3dfx Banshee Rev. 3 chip.  Previously I had spent much time in
configuring 3.2 using linux driver and it never worked.

Post by Dominik Beh » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> ok, i needed (well, wanted) glide support for my 3dfx banshee (creative

                                                        ^^^^^^^
Quote:> _GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none

                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote:> detected

does it ring a bell ?

--
dominik behr

3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

Post by wisesag.. » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

yes, but voodoo graphics, at least the way the port description was
written refers to any voodoo 1 or voodoo 2 based card.  The banshee is
just a slimmed down voodoo 2...

ama.pwr.wroc.pl>,

> > ok, i needed (well, wanted) glide support for my 3dfx banshee
(creative
>                                                         ^^^^^^^
> > _GlideInitEnviroment: glide2x.dll expected Voodoo Graphics, none
>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > detected

> does it ring a bell ?

> --
> dominik behr

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

3dfx glide support via linux glide port(s)

Post by Dominik Beh » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> yes, but voodoo graphics, at least the way the port description was
> written refers to any voodoo 1 or voodoo 2 based card.  The banshee is
> just a slimmed down voodoo 2...

Voodoo Graphics is the name for Voodoo 1
and banshee is not slimmed down voodoo2
it is BANSHEE and has quite different PCI ID and everything
there is no linux glide for banshee or voodoo3 AFAIK

--
dominik behr

Post by sagej.. » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> > yes, but voodoo graphics, at least the way the port description was
> > written refers to any voodoo 1 or voodoo 2 based card.  The banshee
is
> > just a slimmed down voodoo 2...

> Voodoo Graphics is the name for Voodoo 1
> and banshee is not slimmed down voodoo2
> it is BANSHEE and has quite different PCI ID and everything
> there is no linux glide for banshee or voodoo3 AFAIK

> --
> dominik behr

that would explain alot...  my mistake...  thanks for your help...

well, if anyone has information about a implementation of glide for
freebsd 3.2 (port to 3-stable) and xfree 3.3.5, please drop me a line

~jtsage

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Where do i find Mesa 3dfx Glide for Linux?

Hi!

I'm trying to find 3dfx glide support for linux. It's seems a bit hard
to find on the net.

On 3dfx homepage/downloads there is linux drivers listed but no links to
download from. I tried other sites but most of them seems obsolete or
have broken links or get me back to 3dfx homepage.

Anybody?

--

Mats Pettersson
 ( Remove all before mog... to reply by e-mail )

2. Set RAMDISK size?

3. DOSEMU + 3DFX Voodoo/Glide

4. NIS+ and Apache - UserDir doesn't work

5. 3dfx & glide with Banshee Card

6. Leo laptop & X

7. Mesa/GLIDE/3DFX Voodoo stuff

8. compiling kernel

9. New newsgroup - news://news.3dfx.com/glide.linux

10. 3dfx glide drivers open source

11. quakeII running current glide from 3Dfx crash at 512x384

12. 3DFX/GLIDE gamma question. Please help!

13. pre7 and 3dfx/glide/Mesa