1. Newbie sendmail problems.
This adventure is on an Intel/Solaris 7 box. Maintenance
Updates 1 and 2 are installed. I'm using the sendmail that was
shipped with the OS.
My first web server is now on the air. This is my first
network/internet/HTML/CGI project and with help from deja-news,
FAQs and advice from this group (resolv.conf only has one "e")
things are working well.
Now I need to e-mail from a CGI script. I'm having no luck
First, when I e-mail myself locally from the command line,
sendmail hangs for one minute, and then it delivers the message
When I e-mail to my account on my ISP, it fails.
I get this in my local mailbox:
----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
----- Transcript of session follows -----
DNS seems to be working fine. I can ftp and telnet to my account
on my ISP on the Internet.
My client has their own mailserver, do I need to tell sendmail
to use it? I'm under the impression that sendmail is the mail
host for the system on which it's running.
My co-worker at this "all but my web-server" NT/WIN98 company
points out that getting mail to work on his desktop systems is a
couple of clicks of the mouse. I've been at this all day. I
have the O'Reilly sendmail book, and I've looked at the sendmail
FAQ, but I can't see what I need to do.
The only change I've made is to remove group write permission
on /usr, as per the sendmail FAQ.
The ResolverOptions is commented out in sendmail.cf.
The sendmail configuration files are unaltered from when I
2. Strange permissions on vfat filesystems
3. newbie sendmail problem
4. Trouble building kernel in 4.6-stable
5. Sendmail Problems (newbie)
6. Boot stops when trying to mount partitions.
7. Help! newbie basic networking/sendmail problem
8. Karma v1.7 is released
9. Newbie Sendmail and DNS Problem
10. newbie : problems: sendmail, star office, misc. appllications
11. problem in unstanding sendmail/cf SMTP auth (Solaris 8 Sendmail 8.10) Please Explain
12. mail sendmail sendmail.cf problems
13. sendmail problem 1.2.13 sendmail server.....child wait