vibra16 chipset sound card

Post by Michael E. Jaskowia » Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello.  I am going to build a FreeBSD 2.2.5 computer at home.  I have a
SoundBlaster Vibra 16 chipset sound card.  Any problems with that?  What
do I need?  Thanx.

Michael

vibra16 chipset sound card

Post by Adrian Wontro » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello.  I am going to build a FreeBSD 2.2.5 computer at home.  I have a
>SoundBlaster Vibra 16 chipset sound card.  Any problems with that?  What
>do I need?  Thanx.

Luigi's pcm sound driver would be a good start.

http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd980607.tgz

From a man who misguidedly bought a SB16PNP (Vibra16X) thinking it
was a good sound card.

1. Can't get Vibra16 sound card going

Hi,

So far I have compiled the pcm driver into the kernel and created links
as noted in man pcm.  The pcaudio device exists but no pcm0 device
exists - am I just supposed to create a link.  After trying to launch
kde's cdplayer it closes and I get a message on tty0 that effectively
says that the application was looking for pcm1.
Appreciate any advice.

IanP

2. XFree86 3.3.3.1 broke xdm?

3. Doc/sound/VIBRA16

4. Changing Ugly Icons?

5. Sound VIBRA16 problem with CDs

6. newbie question about apache and php

7. Can LINUX use the Vibra16 sound system

8. Kernel xconfig problems

9. Vibra16, simultaneous sound

10. Sound card chipset. How to find it out?

11. HSP chipset modem and VIA82CXXXXX sound card on motherboard

12. Can I use my PCI Yamaha 724 chipset sound card ?

13. Sound card driver for Opti929 chipset