source tree?

Post by James T. Klaa » Wed, 27 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Hello
I am interested in an apparently BSD only utility called msgs.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be very clear instructions on how to
extract just the source tree so that I can get access to msgs.  Coming
from Linuxland where I already know how to get access to these sorts of
things, I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right
direction so that I could do the same thing with FreeBSD sources.  Since
msgs seems to be part of the operating system package and not a separate
package is there any way to extract it so that I could compile it
myself.  Is there any way to merely extract the source for FreeBSD
without installing the entire operating system?  I apologize for asking
these questions as I really didn't find any answer to them on the
FreeBSD web sites and looking at the distributions only confused me
further.  Thank you for your assistance.

edu     *

com  *
* you will be assimilated  *
http://www.cs.albany.edu/~jklaas       *

source tree?

Post by Phil Jense » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be very clear instructions on how to
> extract just the source tree so that I can get access to msgs.  Coming
> from Linuxland where I already know how to get access to these sorts of
> things, I was hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right
> direction so that I could do the same thing with FreeBSD sources.  Since
> msgs seems to be part of the operating system package and not a separate
> package is there any way to extract it so that I could compile it
> myself.  Is there any way to merely extract the source for FreeBSD
> without installing the entire operating system?

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/usr.bin/msgs
would be a good place to start.  Just grab the directory, hack up the
source, and your set.

Regards,
-p

--
Phil Jensen
QuadraNet Network Operations

1. OK to remove source tree after kernel rebuild?

Am I correct in assuming  that the kernel source tree is needed only to
build the kernel, and that  once the
kernel is rebuilt and  working its okay to remove or archive
/usr/src/linux? Hard drive space is limited on
my system, and I'd  like to reclaim this space if possible.

Gerald Pollack
Department of Biology
McGill University
1205  Ave. Dr. Penfield
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 1B1
voice: (514)398-6418 fax: (514)398-5069

2. usemouse error

3. IDE, ATAPI CDROM port address in source tree?

4. how do I comunicate between windows?

5. problem with installing gtk+ from cvs source tree.

6. Masq ok w/ Linux but not Win3.1 ?

7. HELP wiht CVSup, I like to keep my source tree current, wiht the stable brench.

8. mail portal openbsd 3.3

9. Howto patch OpenBSD without source tree?

10. Please run make dep in your kernal source tree modversion.h is missing???HELP

11. kernel source tree organization problem

12. source tree

13. Source tree for INN 1.4?