Does FreeBSD support Duron?

Post by WoodPecke » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I know freebsd enhance x86 but does anyone know it will/does support
the new duron?

Does FreeBSD support Duron?

Post by Mark Sling » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 07:27:40

> I know freebsd enhance x86 but does anyone know it will/does support
> the new duron?

I hope so, or my machine is about to crash :)
Yes, you can run FreeBSD on a Duron. I use the MSI SocketA board.

Mark.

--
Mark Slingo
Far North Networks

Does FreeBSD support Duron?

Post by Mark » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> > I know freebsd enhance x86 but does anyone know it will/does support
> > the new duron?

> I hope so, or my machine is about to crash :)
> Yes, you can run FreeBSD on a Duron. I use the MSI SocketA board.

    I've had really good luck with all the AMD Motherboards/chips on FreeBSD
3.x/4.x.  In fact, until I bought my recent A7V/1000Mhz Thunderbird, I swore
I'd never buy Intel again -- but problems with graphics boards and SCSI
boards have led me to think that it may be best to wait a while for these
super fast systems to calm down some ...

    mark.

1. 2.4.4 on Athlon/Duron compiled for Athlon/Duron

I've recently setup a RedHat 7.1 install on a Duron system. I'm trying to
get 2.4.4 up and running, but if I compile it for Athlon/Duron CPU type,
it'll kernel panic on boot. This is on a VIA KT133A chipset (Epox 8KTA3
board)

There are some references to this on deja.com, but they all seem to say that
ithis problem was fixed in 2.4.4, so I'm a little confused as to what's
going on.

Anyone have more info?

2. How to have BIG UID numbers?

3. Doing a little research regarding AMD Duron

4. libg++ 2.7.1.4-Problem (fstreams)

5. DOS FAT FS support in FreeBSD fixed ?

6. Accessing PPP (usernet) using accounts <other> than root - Help!

7. duron support

8. APM-Support ?

9. duron & geforce 2 mx support

10. rw UFS support under Linux, EXT2FS support under FreeBSD

12. BOOT DOS, LINUX OR FREEBSD FROM HARDDRIVE?

13. Mounting extended (DOS) partitions under FreeBSD 3.2 Rel.