Linux to fbsd nfs

Post by Marijn Meijle » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

hi,

I have a problem with NFS. If I use a fbsd NFS server and a linux NFS client
with a bs of 8k, it still goes 1.5 times as slow as the other way around.
After a bit of research I found out that this is because linux doesn't
support NFS v3 which can sen a next block without waiting for the first
to be confirmed. However, linux to linux nfs goes also 1.5 times as fast.
The only conclusion I can draw is that it takes freebsd 1.5 times as long
to write the filesystem. Is this true?
All filesystems were mounted async.

Marijn

Linux to fbsd nfs

]
] After a bit of research I found out that this is because linux
] doesn't support NFS v3 which can sen a next block without waiting
] for the first to be confirmed. However, linux to linux nfs goes
] also 1.5 times as fast.

So what you found out was not the cause.

] The only conclusion I can draw is that it takes freebsd 1.5 times
] as long to write the filesystem. Is this true?
] All filesystems were mounted async.

No, it's not true if the FS is mounted async.

Try two things:

1)      Change the input and output buffer size used by NFS.

2)      Look to your ethernet cards.

                                        Terry Lambert
---
or previous employers.

1. Best way to change from FBSD-2.2.7 to FBSD-4.1-stable

On my first disk I'm running FBSD-2.2.7 . My second disk, a 9 Gig disk,
is physically
connected, but still empty. I would like to put FBSD-4.1-stable on my
second disk
and wonder what is the best way to do that. Should I install the new OS
from scratch
or is it more advisable to upgrade from the 2.2.7 version?

Any tips and comments are greatly appreciated.

TIA
Friedhelm
---

2. Networking Problem (answered b4?)

3. HELP: How does a FBSD/FBSD diskless configuration perform booting?

4. dvd+rw

5. FBSD 2.2.2 vs. FBSD 2.2-STABLE

6. Xircom CE3B-100BTX doesn't work

7. fbsd ftp/nfs/smb performance problem

8. GTK 1.2.7

9. NFS v3 TCP server slow (FBSD 4.3+)

10. can I use linux kernel drivers with FBSD linux compat?

11. NFS BW-NFS and PC-NFS

12. linux NFS server problem - can't ls in the NFS mounted directory.

13. trouble mount nfs share from linux nfs server, protocol not supported