Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by Dave Jone » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:08:29

after I switch to another box on the KVM, moused dies.
How can I keep this from happening?

the KVM is switch only, no mouse emulation circut.

Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by Jason Neuman » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:31:01

> after I switch to another box on the KVM, moused dies.
> How can I keep this from happening?

> the KVM is switch only, no mouse emulation circut.

Dave,

I have a Linksys switch and a logitech wheel mouse. I was never able to
get the wheel mouse to work with the Linksys KVM. However, a standard
two button mouse worked fine.

Jason

Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by Courtney Thoma » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:04:22

I occasionally experience this and either turn the switch off/on or
reboot which has resolved the problem.

BTW Belkin Omniview 6 port.

Goodluck.

Post by Robert Yode » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 13:11:58

> after I switch to another box on the KVM, moused dies.
> How can I keep this from happening?

> the KVM is switch only, no mouse emulation circut.

To function properly, a KVM needs circuitry to
maintain state for each machine;  Something the
cheap ones don't do.  I had a miserable experience
with a Belkin.  After I sold it and bought a Raritan,
I never had trouble again.

ry
--

"Unix:  The Solution to the W2K Problem."

Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by Bill » Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:46:24

If your referring to a simple manual or rotary switch, I needed to switch
over to an unused slot or powered down system for a few seconds, then switch
back and it kicked in again. This was using newer PII & PIII systems at the
time. Since then I use an Outlook powered switch from Apex. It won't run the
mouse for FBSD at all.  lol

> after I switch to another box on the KVM, moused dies.
> How can I keep this from happening?

> the KVM is switch only, no mouse emulation circut.

Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by David Hawort » Fri, 13 Jul 2001 02:00:44

Quote:

> after I switch to another box on the KVM, moused dies.
> How can I keep this from happening?

that used to happen to me and to be honest. the way I solved it was to
switch to console and back again. that fixed it. I was told that there
was a tweak to some X config files you could apply or something but I
never found it.

my mouse didnb;t so much die as go mad. any minor movement of the mouse
would result in the pointed racing across the screen and pressing random
buttons on the way.

HTH

dave

Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by Anson Goldad » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 03:23:24

I've got a Belkin 4 port OmniCube and had this problem.  I was able to deal
with it by adding the flags 0x300 to the psm driver in the kernel
configuration file and recompiling the kernel.  0x100 and 0x80 did not work
for me, but others have said they have had success with them.

Anson

> after I switch to another box on the KVM, moused dies.
> How can I keep this from happening?

> the KVM is switch only, no mouse emulation circut.

Mouse dies on KVM switch

Post by KD » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 14:46:28

Hi

I have had bad experience with Belkin KVM switches before as well. Once I
got a Cybex switch, all problem's are gone.

Karl