DVD-ROM on FreeBSD

Post by Andy Ni » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

How i can use DVD on FreeBSD?

DVD-ROM on FreeBSD

Post by S?ren Schmid » Wed, 26 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> How i can use DVD on FreeBSD?

Depends on what you want to do.

Try search the multimedia list on www.freebsd.org

-S?ren

DVD-ROM on FreeBSD

Post by Andy Ni » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > How i can use DVD on FreeBSD?

> Depends on what you want to do.

Read and write.
Quote:

> Try search the multimedia list on www.freebsd.org

> -S?ren

1. Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM, and/or DVD-RAM?

3-Mar-99 (2:50 AM)

I have to replace my PCs internal CD-ROM drive.  My hard disk drives are
SCSI-2 based.

I'm considering replacing it with either a SCSI 40X CD-ROM drive, or some type
of DVD drive (preferably SCSI-based).

Searching the FreeBSD web site yielded no notable mentions for DVD support,
only support for CD-ROM, CD-RW, etc.  The FreeBSD Mall (
http://www.freebsdmall.com/products/ ) mentions they are considering the sale
of FreeBSD on DVD (as opposed to four CD-ROMs).

Does FreeBSD support DVD-ROM drives (IDE and/or SCSI)?

Does FreeBSD support DVD-RAM drives (IDE and/or SCSI)?

Does FreeBSD support any of the DVD MPEG-2 decoder cards?

If so, what brands/models of DVD drives and decoder cards are supported, and
where do I find the drivers for them?  I didn't find anything in the Handbook,
Applications, or Ports - did I miss them?

If not, when does the FreeBSD team anticipate having the drivers in place
(e.g. version 3.2)?

Thanks in advance,
Larry Alan Smith
Beaverton, OR, USA

2. Looking for a way to launch a prog under a special user...

3. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

4. Set default screen resolution with XFree86

5. FreeBSD 4.5 going to be on DVD-ROM?

6. ttysw-TIOCSWINSZ: Timer expired

7. DVD-ROM as CD-ROM

8. The shadow password suite

9. external cd-rom or dvd-rom for redhat 7.2

10. LG 8160b dvd-rom will not read dvd

11. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM

12. mounting dvd-rom?

13. DVD-ROM drive not recognised