problems with i4b

Post by Sven Alisc » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:42:28

Hello, my Name is Sven and i'am new in FreeBSD 4.2. The System i installed
works well, but i'cant install the i4b package. I've downloaded it and
copied it into the /usr/src directory. After that i made "make depend"
"make" and "make install". That works well. Then I go into the FreeBSD
directory and start the i4b overinstall.sh script. At least I edited my
Kernel configuration-file and placed the parameter, but if i try to compile
the computer stoped and said that he can't find some modules. Has anyone a
good solution for my problem, e.g. a good Internet-Adress?

problems with i4b

Post by Mitterwald, Holge » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 15:27:16

Funny thing, I just got my ISDN working yesterday - well rather :-)

First, you do not need to install i4b in FBSD4.2. It is already there.

Ok, you did so. I guess you missed one or a few of the options or
devices in the kernel
(so did I). It is good to post the output of your kernel-build. At least
the part where it
stopped. There you can see or guess what is missing.

Best regards,
   Holger

P.S.: As I see you will use it for accessing T-Online. After fiddling
several hours with that
I hopefully can help you a little bit.

> Hello, my Name is Sven and i'am new in FreeBSD 4.2. The System i installed
> works well, but i'cant install the i4b package. I've downloaded it and
> copied it into the /usr/src directory. After that i made "make depend"
> "make" and "make install". That works well. Then I go into the FreeBSD
> directory and start the i4b overinstall.sh script. At least I edited my
> Kernel configuration-file and placed the parameter, but if i try to compile
> the computer stoped and said that he can't find some modules. Has anyone a
> good solution for my problem, e.g. a good Internet-Adress?

problems with i4b

Post by Sven Alisc » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:46:11

Thank you for your fast posting,
could you post your kernel configuration-file (only the modules you load for
i4b)?