Slow File Copying

Post by Dr Paul Goodye » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Dear All,

I have my FreeBSD server running with samba so I can see it from my Windows
95 machine. I am also running a DNS server on the same machine. Occationally
I get an ed0 timeout (but it may not be related).

The problem is file copying, saving etc takes ages.

Can anyone help? Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Slow File Copying

Post by T. William Wel » Tue, 18 Jan 2000 04:00:00

: The problem is file copying, saving etc takes ages.

Sounds like an interrupt misconfiguration in your ethernet card.
If it takes one second or two seconds to ping the interface,
that's a dead giveaway....
--

I'm looking for work: Unix/C since 83, Internet since 89, FreeBSD
from its beginning, Web/CGI/Perl/HTML since 96. Programmer,

1. How do I SLOW file copies?

Hello,

I have an internal hard drive that fails on intensive
operations (like backups).  If I wanted to transfer the
files on that hard drive onto another internal hard drive,
I would have to slow down the file transfer somehow.
What is the best way to do this?  Both hard drives are
internal 36 GB FC-AL drives in a Sun Enterprise 3500
running Solaris 2.6. I would like to limit the bandwidth
of the data transfer to around 128Kb/s or less if possible.

 USDA-ARS SWRC
 (520) 670-6380 ext. 151

2. how do you compile a shared library which is accessed with dlsym()

3. How do I SLOW DOWN file copies?

4. Problem with changing password

5. Konqueror really slow at file copying

6. HP releases Laptop preloaded with Linux

7. ext3-copying large files extremely slow

8. what patches to install?

9. Very slow copy of small files

10. copy all files in a dir to another renaming them as they are copied

11. I want to not copy exclude one file when i Copy

12. Copying files across file systems