Grrr...

Post by Richard Tob » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 08:56:31

I'm doing a binary upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1.

I inadvertently select "install from DOS partition" instead of
"install from an existing filesystem".  The install program prompts me
several dozen times to say "OK" for all the things it can't find, like
every part of X for example, and then insists on rebooting.  Why
doesn't it just say "there doesn't seem to be a release there", and
let you select a different installation medium, like it does if you
select CD-ROM and there isn't one?

-- Richard

FreeBSD rules!