Can I use xdm with a PC-Based X-Term program?

Can I use xdm with a PC-Based X-Term program?

Post by Robert Chalmer » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I'm runningan evaluation copy of Omni-X from xlink.com. It looks to be really
excellent software, and xterm runs fine. However, I'd like a little more
flexability...

Now, I'm wondering how I can use xdm with a PC based X-Term emulator, so I get
the 'desktop' insted of just the xterm..

Does anyone have such a thing running.

cheers
Bob
--
Support Whirled Peas.      Business in China?          China House

1. Linux professional usage for using a PC as an X-Term

Hello everybody,

My society and myself is proud to announce that we offer Linux installations
on PC's for each DIGITAL's Alpha servers acquisition at us.

Linux seems to be the best solution to set up low-cost and very high
quality x-terminals, we do'nt make any money with linux itself but the
installation of such system in enterprise wide solutions appears to be
more stable than any other solution we find.

For instance installation of a 2100 A500MP DIGITAL's symetric server
with about 20 PC's running Linux offers a very low cost solution for
very high results.

Great thanks to all the Linux community for maintaining such system.

We're about to choose a Linux organisation in order to give funds for
research and development of the Linux system. Any suggestion is Welcome

Frederic Aime
Advanced Product Department
International Concept Informatique
4, Rue henri Lahuppe
06220 Golfe Juan
FRANCE

tel: (+33) 93.63.15.55
fax: (+33) 93.63.71.04

Best Regards From France and the French Riviera

Frederic Aime
Advanced Product's Department & CEO

2. "No Such Device" for DAT Drive

3. XDM and Xappeal X-Term on ethernet

4. Size of the internal drive - SPARCstation 10

5. Help: Connect HP 700RX x-term to Linux PC

6. Support for Diamond 3d?

7. Answerbook from PC X-term

8. New Unix Community Portal!

9. PC X-term to RS/6k (INed keymap help)

10. Send output of C-Program to X-Term ?

11. Smart-term vs. x-term

12. Using Linux as a X-Term

13. Configuring RH5.2 /w XF3.3.3 as a X-term?