Help with Floppy installation Disks

Post by Mandy Blevin » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I'm trying to install the 3.1-Stable off FTP.  I've downloaded
fdimage.exe and kern.flp and msfroot.flp.

When I use the fdimage utility (c:>fdimage kern.flp a:)  I get the error msg
kern.flp -- File too big and it doesn't write the image.  I am using this
under a command box in WinNT Server 4.0.  Please help, this is
frusterating!!

Thank you.

Post by Manuel O'Kelly Davi » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hello, I'm trying to install the 3.1-Stable off FTP.  I've downloaded
> fdimage.exe and kern.flp and msfroot.flp.

> When I use the fdimage utility (c:>fdimage kern.flp a:)  I get the error msg
> kern.flp -- File too big and it doesn't write the image.  I am using this
> under a command box in WinNT Server 4.0.  Please help, this is
> frusterating!!

> Thank you.

Also, you could have some hidden files on the floppy disk.  Try
fomatting a new floppy.

Help with Floppy installation Disks

Post by Manuel O'Kelly Davi » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Hello, I'm trying to install the 3.1-Stable off FTP.  I've downloaded
> fdimage.exe and kern.flp and msfroot.flp.

> When I use the fdimage utility (c:>fdimage kern.flp a:)  I get the error msg
> kern.flp -- File too big and it doesn't write the image.  I am using this
> under a command box in WinNT Server 4.0.  Please help, this is
> frusterating!!

> Thank you.

Hmmn..  Is the floppy a 3 1/2" 1.44 Mb drive?

Help with Floppy installation Disks

Post by Mandy Blevin » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I figured it out...redownloaded the image files.  The fdimage utility worked
fine after that.  Maybe I didn't download in binary mode the first time!
Whoops.

Mandy =)