need some help with chap...

Post by Misiak, To » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I've been using user mode ppp on my FreeBSD box for a long time.
Recently, my
ISP started using chap.  I made some changes in ppp.conf and seem to
login ok
(I get the dial OK login OK prompt), but the connection is dropped
within about
5 seconds and ppp connection wasn't complete (ppp ON never change to
upper case).
My ISP is using a NT server so I'm wondering if maybe I need to use
MSChap?  If
so, how would I go about installing all the des software and enabling
ppp to recognize
its presence?  (ppp man page suggests that des should be installed prior
to building ppp).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tom

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. serial-line pointopoint SLIP problems

3. PPP and CHAP help needed

4. Max threads per process

5. I need help making a ppp/chap connection

6. Can I use more than 2 HDs?

7. chap pap help needed

8. Error in installing samba

9. Help needed connecting to Non-MS-CHAP NT RAS with PPP - E=691

10. PPP PAP-CHAP Help needed!

11. Help with PPP needed on Solaris 2.4 x86 (PAP/CHAP)

12. need help for ppp connect to NT RAS with chap

13. Need help configuring PPP client for CHAP