AMD status map status update solved!

Post by <jsteinb.. » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 05:48:21

added -x fatal to /etc/defaults/rc.conf in the amd_flags section

Oddly enough, when I put my own amd flags in /etc/rc.conf for the same
functionality, it cuased amd to shutdown after it was started.

It seems like it requires all of the default params to function properly

JSS

Post by Michel TALO » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:47:50

: added -x fatal to /etc/defaults/rc.conf in the amd_flags section

: Oddly enough, when I put my own amd flags in /etc/rc.conf for the same
: functionality, it cuased amd to shutdown after it was started.

: It seems like it requires all of the default params to function properly

Not as far as i can see. I have
amd_enable="YES"
amd_flags="-F /etc/amd.conf"

with /etc/amd.conf as follows:
[global]
auto_dir        = /.amd
log_file        = /var/log/amd.log
log_options     = all
map_type        = file
search_path     = /etc

[/Zip]
map_name        = amd.zip

[/Net]
map_name        = amd.net

[/Cd]
map_name        = amd.cdrom

and for example /etc/amd.zip :

zip     type:=ufs;dev:=/dev/da1;fs:=${autodir}/zip
zipd    type:=pcfs;dev:=/dev/da1s4;fs:=${autodir}/zipd

This works perfectly well and yields the automounting feature people
want for zips. I have juste used it an hour ago. You only need to do
cd /Zip/zipd
and bingo, the dos formatted zip is mounted. You get out and it is dismounted
after some seconds.
For nfs mounts i have the following in amd.net
/defaults       type:=host;fs:=${autodir}/${rhost};rhost:=${key}
*               opts:=rw,grpid,resvport,vers=2,proto=udp,nosuid,nodev,soft
Here the appropriate command is
cd /Net/<nfs server name>/<whatever>
and rhost in the above gets replaced by <nfs server name>.

: JSS

--

Michel TALON

AMD status map status update solved!

Post by <jsteinb.. » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 00:09:38

Yes I have it working thanks perhaps I used -f instead of  -F

I kept getting these * map sync not needed err messages to the console
so I was looking for a way to disable them.

I of course tried to avoid modifing the /etc/defaults/rc.conf file but I had
problems when I tried to add flags in /etc/rc.conf

> : added -x fatal to /etc/defaults/rc.conf in the amd_flags section

> : Oddly enough, when I put my own amd flags in /etc/rc.conf for the same
> : functionality, it cuased amd to shutdown after it was started.

> : It seems like it requires all of the default params to function properly

> Not as far as i can see. I have
> amd_enable="YES"
> amd_flags="-F /etc/amd.conf"

> with /etc/amd.conf as follows:
> [global]
> auto_dir        = /.amd
> log_file        = /var/log/amd.log
> log_options     = all
> map_type        = file
> search_path     = /etc

> [/Zip]
> map_name        = amd.zip

> [/Net]
> map_name        = amd.net

> [/Cd]
> map_name        = amd.cdrom

> and for example /etc/amd.zip :

> zip     type:=ufs;dev:=/dev/da1;fs:=${autodir}/zip
> zipd    type:=pcfs;dev:=/dev/da1s4;fs:=${autodir}/zipd

> This works perfectly well and yields the automounting feature people
> want for zips. I have juste used it an hour ago. You only need to do
> cd /Zip/zipd
> and bingo, the dos formatted zip is mounted. You get out and it is
dismounted
> after some seconds.
> For nfs mounts i have the following in amd.net
> /defaults       type:=host;fs:=${autodir}/${rhost};rhost:=${key}
> *               opts:=rw,grpid,resvport,vers=2,proto=udp,nosuid,nodev,soft
> Here the appropriate command is
> cd /Net/<nfs server name>/<whatever>
> and rhost in the above gets replaced by <nfs server name>.

> : JSS

> --

> Michel TALON

1. Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS....LCK

I am attempting to set up a Linux/Windows network and when I try to test if
samba is working with the command "smbstatus " I get the following response:
" Couldn't open status file /var/lock/samba/STATUS....LCK "
What am I doing incorrect???
Steven A. Wimmer

Admit Nothing,
Deny Everything,
Volunteer Accusations.

2. Process Monitoring????

3. Move "used FPU status" into new non-atomic thread_info->status field.

4. downloads stalling 1k-5k short...HELP!

5. eth0 : transmit timed out, status 0000, PHY status 782d, resetting

6. Xforms lib

7. Exit status, $?, and term status

8. Sound Card Blues...

9. Move "used FPU status" into new non-atomic thread_info->status field.

10. eth0:transmit timed out, tx-status 00 status e000

11. eth0 transmit timed out status 0000 phy status 782d

12. /dev/hdc status error: status=0x01 {Error}

13. D-Link DFE530TX: Transmit timed out, status 0000, PHY status 782d