1. NAT question (NOT masquerading)
HW/OS: P133/64MB/2.1GB - 2 NICs (D-Link 10/100 PCI) eth0 (10.0.0.254)
internal, eth1 (184.108.40.206) external - RH7/kernel 2.2.16-22
ISP provides four static IPs via 10BT connection; this RH box serves as
gateway between ISP and LAN which runs on the 10s - gateway also running
For most internal machines, masquerading (/sbin/ipchains -A forward -s
10.0.0.1 -j MASQ) is sufficient using one ipchains statement per
masqueraded box - no 10.0.0.0/xx.
I wish to pass *all* traffic from three of the four statics to three
internal boxes, e.g. 220.127.116.11 <--> 10.0.0.128,
18.104.22.168 <--> 10.0.0.129 and 22.214.171.124 <--> 10.0.0.130 - 126.96.36.199
is gateway machine.
Alias on eth1 (eth1:0 et cetera) w/ipchains is a scenario I could not get
to work. The following NAT setup partially works, however ftp is screwy
along w/other oddities:
ip route add nat 188.8.131.52 via 10.0.0.128 table local
ip rule add from 10.0.0.128 nat 184.108.40.206 table main
This is suboptimal and there has to be a better way, however (so far as I
can determine) the docs/HOWTOs I can find do not address my situation. In
a nutshell, I've no idea how to proceed.
If a Netopia r3100 pocket router can do full D-NAT (and did 'til DSL
became unavailable in my area), I should think RH7 would suffice.
I'll take care of firewall rules once I've viable NAT in place; the
internal machines which I wish forwarded are RH, Slowaris and AIX - not
terribly vulnerable. I just need to know where to begin...
Thanks in advance,
Russ Bixby, confused geek
-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----
2. Time order using cron
3. source NAT / masquerading on a dedicated server
4. Network drivers need restructuring (Anybody working on this?)
5. IP NAT and IP Masquerading
6. What does it mean?
7. IP Masquerading behind my ISP's NAT?
8. Where can i order linux SLS in France ?
9. NAT / Masquerading - Timeout values?
10. NAT, SNAT, Masquerading, Proxies and Routing. Huh??
11. FTP through NAT (masquerading) firewall?
12. Solaris8 and NAT: configuration for masquerading.
13. NAT (IP Masquerading) vs. Linux Gateway