Linux-Emu and StarWriter

Post by armin olli » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

hi all

iam experimenting with the linux-emu which works far better than i
expected..
however, quite al lot of stuff works great at very good speeds...
my problem goes like this:
the docs say "copy the libs to /compat/linux" and run ldconfig.
i follow the docs step by step, but when i try to ldconfig the
linux-libs i get:

bash# /linux/sbin/ldconfig
ELF binary type not known
Abort trap

however the linux emu-seems to run great without the  ld.so.cache.

i tried to get swriter to work, but it seg. faults at startup.
the linux motif lib BTW seems to run.

if someone can confirm or comment my experience please mail or post.

best regards,
--armin

PS: debug stuff:

bash# /linux/usr/local/StarOffice3.1/linux-x86/bin/swriter3
/linux/usr/local/StarOffice3.1/linux-x86/bin/swriter3: can't open cache
'/etc/ld.so.cache'
resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword
resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword
[then seg-fault]

bash# /linux/usr/X11/bin/xv
/linux/usr/X11/bin/xv: can't open cache '/etc/ld.so.cache'
[works great (same with netscape3, vi, etc)]

bash# uname -a
FreeBSD No_1.tabu.DE 2.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE #0: Fri Apr 11
03:09:32 CEST 1997

Linux-Emu and StarWriter

Post by Brian Some » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> hi all

> iam experimenting with the linux-emu which works far better than i
> expected..
> however, quite al lot of stuff works great at very good speeds...
> my problem goes like this:
> the docs say "copy the libs to /compat/linux" and run ldconfig.
> i follow the docs step by step, but when i try to ldconfig the
> linux-libs i get:

> bash# /linux/sbin/ldconfig
> ELF binary type not known
> Abort trap

> however the linux emu-seems to run great without the  ld.so.cache.

> i tried to get swriter to work, but it seg. faults at startup.
> the linux motif lib BTW seems to run.

> if someone can confirm or comment my experience please mail or post.

> best regards,
> --armin

> PS: debug stuff:

> bash# /linux/usr/local/StarOffice3.1/linux-x86/bin/swriter3
> /linux/usr/local/StarOffice3.1/linux-x86/bin/swriter3: can't open cache
> '/etc/ld.so.cache'
> resolv+: "bind" is an invalid keyword
> resolv+: "hosts" is an invalid keyword
> [then seg-fault]

> bash# /linux/usr/X11/bin/xv
> /linux/usr/X11/bin/xv: can't open cache '/etc/ld.so.cache'
> [works great (same with netscape3, vi, etc)]

> bash# uname -a
> FreeBSD No_1.tabu.DE 2.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 2.2.1-RELEASE #0: Fri Apr 11
> 03:09:32 CEST 1997

Staroffice and a new version of linux_lib (2.4) has just been updated
into -current.  They're both ports and work beautifully !

Check out these:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/editors/staro...
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/ports/emulators/lin...

If there's a port for something, why reinvent the wheel :)

--

      <http://www.awfulhak.org>

1. Starwriter no longer works after new linux emu

Hi,

I have just upgraded my ports and my linux emulator.
Works ok for the things I wanted it for.

BUT,
now starwriter 5.1 no longer works. The compatibility
for it is gone! It core dumps.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
Are there fixes?

Any help appreciated,
thanks,
Paul.

2. Epson Stylus 600 Setup

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. POP3 server for Linux (1.1.24)?

5. linux-emu and java

6. Macronix NIC

7. FreeBSD + Linux EMU + Linux Glide and DGA instability

8. Perl under Apache can't see installed modules

9. light libc used with linux-emu ?

10. How to open *.doc files in StarWriter 3.1?

11. StarWriter Seg Fault

12. StarWriter and Fonts

13. Dos Emu Under Linux