Media Magic ISP 16 sound card

Post by Alexey Dokuchae » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

hi!
maybe someone on this conf can help me: i'm trying to setup
${subj}either on 3.4-REL or latest snap of 4.0-CUR, both unsuccesfully.
Did anyone had any experience with this card?  I've been told that it's
sort of pnp (meaning that it appeared before the final pnp standard was
ready, but it tried to comply with whatever was ready at the moment).
It's said in the manual that it can work in both sb16 and mss mode.
Under winnt, it worked (after decent amount of time trying to set it up)
only in mss mode. Under fBSD-3.4, it got detected, but no sound (well,
not quite -- in aumix, changing some of volumes resulted in noise volume
chage in my headphones ;-) but i could not play mp3s, etc).  now, i'm
trying in fBSD 4.0, quite unsuccessfully again:-(
any information on this would be greatly appreciated. tnx.

Media Magic ISP 16 sound card

Post by Tim Moczygemb » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Wow, haven't heard that name is some time!

I used to work for Austin Computers which distributed the Media Magic sound
cards.  That sound card was based on an Opti 929 chip(unless you have an
older on with a 928).

I assume you got it working in NT by using the driver I heard about on
Opti's web site.  Have you looked there for information or even drivers for
Unix?

I would suggest searching for Opti 929 information instead of ISP 16.  I
have successfully used drivers for this card on other sound cards based on
this chip for Windows 9x, so I would assume the reverse would work too.

You might want to track down Scott Boland who also worked for Austin
Computers and is very active in the Linux SIG in Austin Texas.

Tim

Quote:> hi!
> maybe someone on this conf can help me: i'm trying to setup
> ${subj}either on 3.4-REL or latest snap of 4.0-CUR, both unsuccesfully.
> Did anyone had any experience with this card?  I've been told that it's
> sort of pnp (meaning that it appeared before the final pnp standard was
> ready, but it tried to comply with whatever was ready at the moment).
> It's said in the manual that it can work in both sb16 and mss mode.
> Under winnt, it worked (after decent amount of time trying to set it up)
> only in mss mode. Under fBSD-3.4, it got detected, but no sound (well,
> not quite -- in aumix, changing some of volumes resulted in noise volume
> chage in my headphones ;-) but i could not play mp3s, etc).  now, i'm
> trying in fBSD 4.0, quite unsuccessfully again:-(
> any information on this would be greatly appreciated. tnx.

Media Magic ISP 16 sound card

Post by Alexey Dokuchae » Thu, 02 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Acutally, it's based on Analog Devices 1846JP chipset...

> Wow, haven't heard that name is some time!

> I used to work for Austin Computers which distributed the Media Magic sound
> cards.  That sound card was based on an Opti 929 chip(unless you have an
> older on with a 928).

> I assume you got it working in NT by using the driver I heard about on
> Opti's web site.  Have you looked there for information or even drivers for
> Unix?

> I would suggest searching for Opti 929 information instead of ISP 16.  I
> have successfully used drivers for this card on other sound cards based on
> this chip for Windows 9x, so I would assume the reverse would work too.

> You might want to track down Scott Boland who also worked for Austin
> Computers and is very active in the Linux SIG in Austin Texas.

> Tim

> > hi!
> > maybe someone on this conf can help me: i'm trying to setup
> > ${subj}either on 3.4-REL or latest snap of 4.0-CUR, both unsuccesfully.
> > Did anyone had any experience with this card?  I've been told that it's
> > sort of pnp (meaning that it appeared before the final pnp standard was
> > ready, but it tried to comply with whatever was ready at the moment).
> > It's said in the manual that it can work in both sb16 and mss mode.
> > Under winnt, it worked (after decent amount of time trying to set it up)
> > only in mss mode. Under fBSD-3.4, it got detected, but no sound (well,
> > not quite -- in aumix, changing some of volumes resulted in noise volume
> > chage in my headphones ;-) but i could not play mp3s, etc).  now, i'm
> > trying in fBSD 4.0, quite unsuccessfully again:-(
> > any information on this would be greatly appreciated. tnx.

1. Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

Is Media Magic ISP-16 sound card supported by the Linux kernel? I

.  Oleg Dulin, a.k.a. Fish

 .    /
  .  /--\ /    "Unix is user-friendly - it's just a bit more choosy
   <o)  =<      about who its friends are..."
     \__/ \
      \
Clarkson University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Clarkson University SDCS/ERC - UNIX Systems Programmer

2. Xm++ 0.62 GUI Framework released

3. ? Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

4. Puredata 10/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet Adapter

5. Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

6. HOWTO: DBD:Sybase running on Linux

7. Media Magic ISP-16 Driver?

8. tftp server setup with 7.0 & 7.1 RPM?

9. Media Vision ProSonic 16 sound card SCSI driver?

10. Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 sound card

11. Problems with Media Vision 8/16 sound card w/ SCSI

12. MEDIA Vision Jazz 16 Sound CARD Help

13. Sanyo CDROM on MediaMagic ISP-16 Sound Card