Installation Partition

Post by Andrew Malcolmso » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

This is a real simple question (I am new to UNIX)

How do I install FreeBSD 2.2.5 to a partition within the extended
partition?

In the FDisk Editor, I see the reference to my extended partition.
However, I can't "get into" it to select the free space to create a
FreeBSD native partition.

Thanks for any help,

Andrew

1. valid installation partition?

I am installing linux on a friend's computer and had two questions I was
hoping somebody could answer.  The first question is if it is possible
to put all of the Linux files on a different physical drive, in my case,
I have the three linux partitions (root,swap, and boot) all on the slave
drive and was wondering if this would work.  My second question is, with
my previous setup, is it possible to use the Windows 2k boot loader to
load Linux in this configuration?  Thanks for any help!

Douglas Yung

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Talking to devices (programming)

3. Installation, partitioning, boot manager

4. Checksum of www/opera6 is wrong

5. Installation - Partition Info

6. SCSI adapter not recognized (but worked during install)

7. probs: suse 7.3 installation: Partition check

8. GNOME on Solaris help sought

9. Solaris installation (partition problem)

10. hd to hd installation (partition "name")

11. Installation partitions

12. installation/partition problem

13. Installation / Partitioning