promise ultra66 under freebsd?

Post by arnol » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

anyone have this card working under freebsd (3.4?) or is card NOT
supported under freebsd at all?

tia

arnold

Post by S?ren Schmid » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> anyone have this card working under freebsd (3.4?) or is card NOT
> supported under freebsd at all?

Its support together with alot of other new controllers in 4.0.

-S?ren

promise ultra66 under freebsd?

Post by Peter Johns » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> anyone have this card working under freebsd (3.4?) or is card NOT
> supported under freebsd at all?

I know it's supposed to be supported in 4.0.  I've got it working under
3.4 via a kernel patch.  I'll email the patch to you if you want it.

--

:Windows: Where do you want to go today?
:Linux:   Where do you want to go tomorrow?

Post by arnol » Fri, 07 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> I know it's supposed to be supported in 4.0.  I've got it working under
> 3.4 via a kernel patch.  I'll email the patch to you if you want it.

can you post the patch. plus i am in no avail of finding sites regarding
freebsd infos (such as patches and drivers) or hardware how to's. any ideas?
or just a main site other than freebsd.org.

tia

arnold

Post by Peter Johns » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> > I know it's supposed to be supported in 4.0.  I've got it working under
> > 3.4 via a kernel patch.  I'll email the patch to you if you want it.

> can you post the patch. plus i am in no avail of finding sites regarding
> freebsd infos (such as patches and drivers) or hardware how to's. any ideas?
> or just a main site other than freebsd.org.

Please note that this is not my patch, it was written (and posted to
usenet) by Kachun Lee (I found it using Deja).  I'm just posting the IDE
driver fix, I haven't tried it with ATAPI devices (as I have none).

(UUEncoded because of formatting problems)

--

:Windows: Where do you want to go today?
:Linux:   Where do you want to go tomorrow?
:FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?

1. support for promise ultra66 PCI card in freeBSD?

howdy,

I have an intel PC, I have promise ultra66 PCI card in it
so that I can add more IDE drives. Now I have 6 EIDE's disks,
4 on the standard IDE off the motherboard, and 2 attached
to the promise PCI card.

Does freeBSD 4.0 support the above? I looked at release notes
for 4.0, but do not see a mention for promise support.

Can I may be download a driver for it for freeBSD from some
other place? will freeBSD add support to this in comming releases?

btw, promise web site is http://www.promise.com

thanks,
mike

2. Of iptables, NFS, portmapping and firewalls

3. Promise Ultra66 and USING it...

4. Problem when first booting FreeBSD

5. Promise Ultra66 w/ ide patches *hangs*

6. pppoeconf scan response another pppoe access my eth0, please help

7. Need Help with Promise Ultra66 UDMA/66 card

8. Solaris 8 100% CPU usage, but doing nothing in fact...

9. HELP: Installing with a Promise Ultra66 SCSI

10. Promise Ultra66 problem

11. Patch for Promise Ultra66

12. Request for help: Booting from Promise Ultra66 controller

13. Problem in seting Promise Ultra66 in DMA mode.