Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Post by Dan Sideriu » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00



Which controller works with the PCI128?  I tried both the pnp0 with pcm0
and snd0 with wss0.  Using the pnp0 i got an audio program to work, but
no output.  What i mean by it worked is that it didn't give me any
erros. (i'm using an mp3 decoder called xaudio)
 
 
 

Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Post by Mikhail Kru » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00



> Which controller works with the PCI128?  I tried both the pnp0 with pcm0
> and snd0 with wss0.  Using the pnp0 i got an audio program to work, but
> no output.  What i mean by it worked is that it didn't give me any
> erros. (i'm using an mp3 decoder called xaudio)

hm... any chance that you had volume set to 0? (did yiu use mixer
command?)

 
 
 

Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Post by Dan Sideriu » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00


I feel reeeeel stupid right now. i was jimmying my kernel when all i had to
do was turn the volume on


> > Which controller works with the PCI128?  I tried both the pnp0 with pcm0
> > and snd0 with wss0.  Using the pnp0 i got an audio program to work, but
> > no output.  What i mean by it worked is that it didn't give me any
> > erros. (i'm using an mp3 decoder called xaudio)

> hm... any chance that you had volume set to 0? (did yiu use mixer
> command?)

 
 
 

Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Post by Tak Pui Lo » Tue, 16 Mar 1999 04:00:00



> Which controller works with the PCI128?  I tried both the pnp0 with pcm0
> and snd0 with wss0.  Using the pnp0 i got an audio program to work, but
> no output.  What i mean by it worked is that it didn't give me any
> erros. (i'm using an mp3 decoder called xaudio)

Does SB Live! have its FBSD driver? I would like to know this.

Lou

 
 
 

Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Post by Dan Sideriu » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00


If you have a kernel from the 3.0 branch, use
controller pnp0
device pcm0

This should get everything running. provided the live! is a PCI card (i'm
pretty sure).  Check your boot mesg to see if the pci probe finds and audio
device.  Afterward make sure the volume is set at anything above zero.  (i
compiled my kernel two or three times before someone suggested i use mixer to
raise the volume.)

This most definately will NOT work with the 2.x branch.  I tried it on
somebody's 2.2.8 last night and the kernel didn't even recognize the device
ids



> > Which controller works with the PCI128?  I tried both the pnp0 with pcm0
> > and snd0 with wss0.  Using the pnp0 i got an audio program to work, but
> > no output.  What i mean by it worked is that it didn't give me any
> > erros. (i'm using an mp3 decoder called xaudio)

> Does SB Live! have its FBSD driver? I would like to know this.

> Lou

 
 
 

Soundblaster PCI128 Kernel Config

Post by Tak Pui Lo » Wed, 17 Mar 1999 04:00:00



> If you have a kernel from the 3.0 branch, use
> controller pnp0
> device pcm0

> This should get everything running. provided the live! is a PCI card (i'm
> pretty sure).  Check your boot mesg to see if the pci probe finds and audio
> device.  Afterward make sure the volume is set at anything above zero.  (i
> compiled my kernel two or three times before someone suggested i use mixer to
> raise the volume.)

The pci probe can't find the live! card although it's a PCI card. Thanks anyway.

Lou

> This most definately will NOT work with the 2.x branch.  I tried it on
> somebody's 2.2.8 last night and the kernel didn't even recognize the device
> ids



> > > Which controller works with the PCI128?  I tried both the pnp0 with pcm0
> > > and snd0 with wss0.  Using the pnp0 i got an audio program to work, but
> > > no output.  What i mean by it worked is that it didn't give me any
> > > erros. (i'm using an mp3 decoder called xaudio)

> > Does SB Live! have its FBSD driver? I would like to know this.

> > Lou

 
 
 

1. soundcard SoundBlaster PCI128 or SoundBlaster live1024 problem

Hi

I have a SuSE 9.1 Linux client running
on a 500 MHz P3 with KDE3.2 and more or less
all works fine, except the soundcard.
Either I use SB PCI128 or SB live1024 the same problem appears.
The soundcard will be recognized by YAST well, I initialize
the card and after the system saves the new configuration.
The soundcard works fine.
But after every reboot, the soundcard is quite, nothing to hear
and in YAST the loudness menue is not reachable.
I have to reinit and reconfig the card new. After this
reinit and reconfig the soundcard works again fine,
until next reboot of the computer.
It seems, that the System is not able to remember
the init and config of the (of any) soundcard.
With SuSE 7.0 no problem.
Also /etc/modules.conf is empty but chmod is 777.

What am I doing wrong?

Boris Gerlach

2. SMTP/POP3 server and Netscape

3. SB PCI128? Soundblaster with slack ;)

4. Help

5. SoundBlaster PCI128

6. Problems with admintool

7. SoundBlaster PCI128 problems

8. LAN IPv6 global connectivity HOWTO

9. SoundBlaster PCI128

10. is soundblaster PCI128 supported by linux ?

11. Getting a Soundblaster PCI128 to work on a Ruffian machine

12. How do I enable my joystick port on Soundblaster PCI128?

13. Soundblaster PCI128 and Redhat 5.2: Duh!