HELP PS/2 MOUSE NOT WORKING

Post by lgr96.. » Sun, 26 Apr 1998 04:00:00

I'm an MCP student at LarData and we have just installed FreeBSD 2.2.5
and now none of 40 students can use x-....., reson for this is that we can't
find a suitable driver for our ps/2 mouse ( At least that is what teach is
telling us ).
PLEASE HELP WE ARE 40 LOST STUDENTS WHITHOUT A CLUE !!!!

HELP PS/2 MOUSE NOT WORKING

Post by Kenneth Furg » Tue, 28 Apr 1998 04:00:00

PS/2 mouse support is built into the generic kernel, you just have to
enable it.  Boot your kernel with the -c option and turn on the psm0
device.

- K.C.

> I'm an MCP student at LarData and we have just installed FreeBSD 2.2.5
> and now none of 40 students can use x-....., reson for this is that we can't
> find a suitable driver for our ps/2 mouse ( At least that is what teach is
> telling us ).
> PLEASE HELP WE ARE 40 LOST STUDENTS WHITHOUT A CLUE !!!!

1. Need help: PS/2 mouse not working in doom

Just installed Doom and I can't get it to work with the mouse.

It aborts with "mouse init failed" or some such.

I have attempted to edit the ".doomrc" file with no success, perhaps
because I don't know what to enter for the "mousedev" setting,
although I have tried variations of "psaux", "ps aux", "PSAUX", etc.
"mousetype" is set as PS/2.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

2. `showrev -p` ==> Method program unexpectedly terminated with signal 11

3. Help, my PS/2 mouse does not work any more

4. ICMP Question.

5. PS/2 mouse not working in X. (need help...please)

6. Is it possible to use AIC7895 (one of the series of Adaptec 2940) on Linux ?

7. PS/2 Mouse not working. HELP

8. Mac Disks

9. Help:COMPAQ PS/2 mouse not work.

10. HELP: X will not work with PS/2 mouse

11. PS/2 mouse not working

12. ps/2 Mouse not working

13. PS/2 mouse on portable not working