FreeBSD and the Interbase Database

Post by Mark Reddin » Sat, 08 May 1999 04:00:00

Am I the only one who has tried to use Interbase on FreeBSD ?

The web-site http://iblinux.rios.co.jp/intl/ allows me to download a
version build for 2.2.6, but I'm using 3.1-RELEASE. I have tried
installing the compat22 distribution and after a little fiddling can now
get it to the stage where both the isql and gpre commands give the
following error

# /usr/interbase/bin/gpre
Floating point exception - core dumped
#

Is anyone using this great little database on FreeBSD 3.1 successfully ?

Mark.

FreeBSD and the Interbase Database

Post by Frank Griffit » Sun, 09 May 1999 04:00:00

Check out:

    www.postgresql.org

This is a great little database that I run on my FreeBSD system. A couple of
lines
of perl and the DBI modules are all you need to get a database backend for
your
web server.